Send money to the UK from India
How to transfer money online to the UK from India
Get Revolut app
Download our Android or iOS app, then sign up.
Add money to your account
Top up your Revolut account via your card or bank account.
Choose the UK as the destination country, and select the currency you want to send. Add the recipient's details and tap Send.
How much does it cost to send money to the UK from India?
Transferring money to the UK (GBP) from India (INR), won't cost you any additional currency exchange fees on weekdays as long as the transfer is within your exchange allowance.
We'll show any transfer fees that may apply in-app before you transfer.Try Revolut now
How long will my money transfer to the UK from India take?
Transfers to the UK from India delivery times can vary depending on where you're sending from, when, routine checks, or the payment method you choose, but we'll always keep you updated in-app.Here are our typical timelines:
Get the Revolut app to send money from India
Security is embedded in all our productsWe use 2-factor authentication to make sure you — and only you — can access your Revolut account. 35+ million people worldwide use Revolut for all things money. Learn more about all the ways we protect you and your money.
See why people choose Revolut to send money globally
Exchange currencies, transfer money between countries, and hold local currencies on multi-currency accounts for travel. These are just some of the reasons 35+ million customers use us.
4.2 / 5
Send money with no hidden transfer feesWhat you see is what you pay when you send a transfer from India. Find any fees clearly displayed in-app.Get started
Choose a transfer option that works for you
Best ways to send money to the UK from India
Transfer money using a recipient's bank account details.
Coming soon: send money in real-time to a card account
Send to wallet
Coming soon: transfer money to a mobile wallet through their phone number
Revolut to Revolut
Peer-to-peer payments for this route are currently unavailable
Receive payments in local currencies
Our multi-currency accounts give you specific account details for GBP, USD, and EUR so you can easily receive money in those currencies, even when it's not your account's main currency. Plus, accept, send, and hold 36 currencies worldwide with no hidden transfer fees.Check it out
Send money home to the UKTransfer money online to family or friends in the UK.
Need a little more help?
Transfer money to the UK from India FAQs
- For most currencies, there are no limits to how much you can transfer. But, our payment partners may have set limits on certain currencies. You’ll always see these in-app before making the transfer.Learn more.
- We use 2-factor authentication to protect your account and payments and ensure you're the only one who can access your money. Other ways of sending money online may use other security methods. At Revolut, the ways we keep your money safe varies depending on the Revolut entity you're registered to. You can find out which Revolut entity you're registered with by:
- Opening the Revolut app
- Clicking on your profile icon on the Home screen
- Scrolling to the bottom of the page
- The details we ask for depend on the transfer method you choose. We'll usually ask for a combination of the recipient's full name, phone number, bank account number, and their BIC/SWIFT number. We may sometimes ask you for additional details, like the recipient's city.Learn more.
- The delivery time of a transfer depends on which method you use. Transfers to other Revolut customers are usually instant. Transfers to cards typically take a few minutes, but can take up to 30 minutes. International bank transfers can arrive in as little as minutes, or up to 3 to 5 business days, depending on the currency and destination. Learn more. If you're sending from a bank account external to Revolut, the delivery times may differ from the times stated above. All transfers are subject to review and on rare occasions it might take longer than stated days to complete.Learn more.
- Sending money online to the UK from India is simple.
- Download the Revolut app for free on your Android or iPhone and sign up
- Add money to your Revolut account by topping up via your card or bank account
- Choose your destination country and currency
- Enter your recipient's details. You'll usually need their full name, bank account number, and sort code. Some payment methods and destination countries may require additional information
- Topping up your Revolut account is quick and easy. We offer several methods so you can add money in whichever way works for you, including:
- Bank transfer
- Apple Pay or Google Pay
- Transfers from other Revolut customers
- Linked accounts
- Direct deposit