This Complaints Policy pertains to the issuing of electronic money and any other services provided to you by Revolut Ltd (Revolut).
Our goal is to provide you with a service that's fair, efficient, and above all transparent. These are the core values that we are committed to upholding in all of our communication with you.
Something went wrong, what should I do?
If you need to contact us about anything at all, our friendly support team is here to help. Just reach out to us via our in-app chat, which is open 24hrs a day, 365 days a year. Please tell us about the issue(s) you're facing or anything else you need help with in relation to your Revolut account. In order to swiftly resolve any queries, we ask you to explain the issue(s) to us in as much detail as possible and attach any relevant documents to aid your explanation.
If you require further assistance, or would like to speak with a senior team member, then you can let the agent who's helping you know and they'll transfer you to a senior agent or manager.
If you're not happy with the service received, you can escalate your concerns as a formal complaint.
Step-by-step guide for our formal complaint process
If you have a complaint about the level of support you received, you can reach out to us anytime via our in-app chat to request a Complaint Form. For your convenience, you can also find the links to our Complaint Forms below:
- Personal Revolut Account - you can file a complaint here
- Business Revolut Account - you can file a complaint here
Alternatively, you can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to send your complaint via email, please ensure to include the following details:
- Your full name
- The phone number linked to your Revolut Account
- The email address linked to your Revolut Account
- The date when the issue happened
- Details of your complaint our proposed resolution for your complaint.
If you want to complain about Revolut for Business, please include the name of your company as well.
- After submitting your complaint, we'll let you know that we received your email and also give you a timeframe when we expect a response by. Then we'll send you a copy of your complaint so you can keep it for your own records
- If we have everything we need, we will do our best to provide you with the final response within the indicated time frame and will clearly mention whether our response is final or not.
Our final response may
- Conclude whether or not your complaint was upheld. We'll then offer you compensation where appropriate, or offer a goodwill gesture for any distress you may have experienced.
- Conclude that your complaint was not upheld and explain the reasons for our conclusion.
If we find that we need a bit more information from you, we'll reach out by email to let you what we need, so that we can move forward with your complaint. If we encounter any delays because we're waiting for any further information, this will affect the date when we can resolve your complaint.
We'll send our final response over to you within 15 business days, following the day that we received your complaint. If for any reason we can't provide a final response within that time, we'll send you an email to tell you why there's a delay and give you another date when you can expect to receive the resolution from us. Our final response will be sent out no later than 35 days following the date we received your complaint.
In our final response, we'll include the contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can review your complaint if needed.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If we didn't meet your expectations, you can refer your complaint to the UK's Financial Ombudsman Service located at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR or contact them via phone at 0800 023 4567. Please be aware that there is a time limit within which the Financial Ombudsman Service can review your complaint.
To find out more details about the Financial Ombudsman Service just click here; http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/.
You can also find their consumer leaflet with further information here; http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm
This policy was last updated on 10/12/2018