Travel money card
Spend like a local with a travel debit card for exploring the globe. Whether it's a virtual or a physical card, we've got all your travel money needs covered.
Need an international travel card? Take us all around the world
Exchange currencies, send money abroad, and hold 36 local currencies in-app. These are just some of the reasons why our customers love their travel debit cards.
4.2 / 5
- Built-in security features
Set spending limits, get payment notifications, and freeze or unfreeze your card in-app.
- Add it to Google Pay or Apple Pay
No need to wait for your physical card to arrive — spend instantly with a virtual card.
- Withdraw without ATM fees
Get fee-free ATM withdrawals, up to £2,000 per rolling month, depending on your plan type.*
- Manage travel money in-app
Manage everything for your holiday money card in the Revolut app, from top-ups to transfers.
*No ATM withdrawal fees within plan limits on a rolling monthly basis. 3rd-party providers may charge a withdrawal fee and ATM fair-usage fees. Weekend markups will apply. Currency exchange fees may apply.
Spend like a local in 150+ currenciesTravel globally without the worries. Easily spend on your Revolut card in 150+ currencies, with great exchange rates and no hidden transfer fees.Get started
No ATM fees up to £2,000 per month*Cash-only shop, spot, or experience? No problem. Take the stress out of using ATMs abroad with our international travel card features. Withdraw from ATMs all over the world with no charges from us within your plan allowance (currency exchange fees and third-party fees may apply).Sign up now
*No ATM withdrawals fees within plan limits on a rolling monthly basis. Third-party providers may charge a withdrawal fee and ATM fair-usage fees. Weekend markups will apply.
Spend right away with Apple Pay or Google PayTravelling tomorrow? Don’t sweat it. Catch that flight, and connect your virtual card to pay with your phone — no need to wait for your physical card to arrive.Check it out
How to get your travel money card in the UK
Get your currency debit card in 3 steps
- 1Get Revolut
Join 35+ million people worldwide saving when they spend abroad with Revolut.
- 2Order your card
Order your free travel money card to spend in 150+ currencies. Delivery fees may apply.
- 3Spend like a local
Start spending around the world. That's your travel money, sorted.
Get instant payment notificationsNever second-guess if your payments went through — we'll notify you instantly. See how much you spend and get a reminder of your daily total, too.
Spend with confidenceControl where your money goes instead of wondering where it went. Set spending limits so you stay on budget or freeze your card if you lose it, all in-app.
Built-in security measures
How to save money with travel currency cards
Tips for saving with a money travel card
- Don't exchange at airports or at home
Don’t exchange cash before you travel — use your travel money card to spend or withdraw money from an ATM (just watch out for ATM fees).
- Always choose the local currency
Choose the local currency when spending with your card in shops and restaurants.
- Save on travel spending with a Revolut card
Spend in the local currency at competitive rates on your next trip from the UK.
For life, not just for holidays
We're not a prepaid card you just throw away after your trip. Trust us, you’ll want to use Revolut for future adventures and everyday spending.
Spend your holiday money in 150+ currencies
Need a little more help?
Holiday money card FAQs
- A travel money card, also called a foreign currency card or a prepaid card, lets you keep and spend multiple currencies when you travel. Revolut is so much more than just a travel card, but we make it easy to manage your money while you travel. You can use your Revolut card to spend in 150+ currencies globally. We’re one app to manage all things money, even when you’re on the move. It’s that simple.Try Revolut now.
- Travel money cards let you prepay or load money and pay in a range of currencies. You can pay in 150+ currencies with Revolut, just like a money travel card. You don't need to keep that local currency in your Revolut account to spend with it. When you spend or withdraw cash from an ATM while abroad, you can pay in the local currency and we’ll handle the conversion for you.Learn more.
- There's no limit to the amount you can spend on your travel money card. Just load the card with however much you want to spend. You’ll get great exchange rates and no fees on ATM withdrawals up to £2,000 rolling monthly (allowances depend on your plan).*Learn more.
- For some travel money cards, once you load money onto them, it can be a hassle to keep track of your balances and spending. There's no need to pre-purchase travel money or convert your balance before your next trip. And it’s not a prepaid card you just throw away after your adventure. Trust us, you’ll want to use Revolut for your future getaways and everyday spending. Simply use your travel money card while you're abroad, and we'll auto-convert your balance to the currency you're spending in at competitive rates. Plus, you can use multi-currency accounts to keep different currencies for your next destination. Get instant payment notifications as you spend, check your PIN, add money to your balance, set limits, and much more in-app. With instant notifications, you’ll know when a card payment is successful, and can keep track of how much you spend while on holiday.Try Revolut now.
- We use 2-factor authentication to protect your account and payments, and make sure you're the only one who can access your money. Other ways of sending money online may use other security methods. You can control your card’s security directly in the Revolut app — freeze your card, set spending limits, and more — it’s all at your fingertips.Learn more.
- To order a physical travel currency card:
- Download the Revolut app: find it in Apple or Google Play Store
- Sign up to Revolut: apply for an account and verify your identity
- Add a debit card: go to Cards and follow the instructions to start your order
- Set your PIN: choose a PIN that you'll remember
- Arrange delivery: enter your delivery address, and select your delivery method before proceeding to checkout (Delivery fees may apply)
- A travel money card is a popular way to spend when travelling abroad. There's no 'best' way to spend when travelling, but there are some ways to help you save money. Here are a few tips:
- Don’t exchange cash at the airport: it’s much cheaper to withdraw money from an ATM with your travel money card
- Don't carry more cash than you need: when you return home from your trip, you’ll need to re-convert this cash back to GBP, which can take time and cost you in fees
- Always choose the local currency when spending with your card in shops and restaurants
- Sign up to Revolut so you can manage your balance and get instant notifications on what you spend
- If you're looking for the best bank to use when travelling abroad next, you need to consider the cost and convenience of:
- Exchanging currency before you go, or while you're there
- Withdrawing money from ATMs
- Using your card in shops, restaurants, and more
- Prepaid travel cards, depending on the provider, can come with different fees such as initial load fees, reload fees, ATM fees, and inactivity fees. Meanwhile, travel debit cards act like any other debit card, but they’re also great for spending abroad in different currencies. Plus, prepaid travel cards might not be reliable for reservations like booking hotels, cars, or cruises — or anything that requires a deposit. It can also take from 2 to 3 business days for a transaction to a prepaid travel card to clear. A travel money card gives you the flexibility to add money when you want (often instantly!) and spend it when and where you want to.Try Revolut now.