Transferring large amounts of money?
*Exchange and remittance fees, fair usage limits and T&Cs apply. Exchange rates and fees shown are for illustration only.
Need to transfer large sums of money?
How to transfer large amounts of money
Download our Android or iOS app, and sign up.
Top up your Revolut account via your card or bank account.
Send a transfer
Choose your currency and destination. Add the recipient's details and tap 'Send'.
Always check the exchange rate
Not everyone offers the same exchange rate, so make sure you get the best one on your global transfer. We'll always show you the Revolut exchange rate before you send money and display Revolut fees in-app.Get started
*Exchange rates and fees shown are for illustration only.
Easily track your transfer
Check the status of your transfer directly in-app from start to finish, so you'll always know where your money is and get peace of mind when sending larger amounts.Try a transfer
What details do I need to transfer a large amount of money?
- The recipient's info – typically their name and an IBAN or account number
- The bank's identifying code – SWIFT/BIC, sort code, or IBAN, depending on the country and currency
- Additional details for certain currencies and countries, such as BSB Number for Australia, or ACH Routing Number for the US
Transfer money in a few taps
Send your transfer directly in-app and track it in real-time along the way.
We embed security in all our products
Check out why customers choose Revolut
We make it easy to transfer, exchange, and hold different currencies directly in-app. These are just some of the reason why our customers choose us.
4.3 / 5
Need a little more help?
Large transfer FAQs
- For most currencies, there are no limits to how much money you can send, so you can make transfers of all sizes. But our payment partners sometimes have their own limits on certain currencies. You’ll always see any limits in-app before making a transfer. Learn more
- The detail we ask for depend on the transfer method you use. It's usually a combination of the recipient's phone number, full name, account number, and their BIC/SWIFT number. We may sometimes ask you for additional details, like the recipient's city. Learn more
Need to make a bigger transfer? Maybe you've got a property payment or tuition fees to cover, locally or abroad. Whatever the reason, with Revolut you can send large sums of money from the UK easily.
- Download the Revolut app on your Android or iPhone and sign up
- Add money to your account via your card or bank account
- Go to 'Transfers' and choose your destination country and currency
- Enter your recipient's details. You'll usually need their full name, bank account number, and sort code. Some payment methods and destination countries may require additional information
- Fill in the amount you want to transfer, and hit 'Send' when you're ready
Transfer money today with Revolut
Join 35+ million people worldwide using Revolut for all things money.