How to send a bank transfer
*Exchange and remittance fees, fair usage limits and T&Cs apply. Exchange rates and fees shown are for illustration only
How to transfer money to a bank account
Get Revolut and add money
Download Revolut and sign up. Top up your account via a card or bank account.
Add a bank recipient
Add recipient's details. Double-check the details are correct to avoid delays.
Choose the currency, enter the amount you want to transfer, and tap 'Send'.
Send money to a bank account in a few taps
Transfer money directly in-app and track the status of your transfer throughout, so you’ll always know where your money is.
We embed security in all our products
See why 35+ million people worldwide use Revolut
Exchange and hold a range of currencies in-app, and transfer money online between countries. These are just some of the reason why our customers choose us.
4.3 / 5
Transfer money to a bank account today
- Save your recipient's details to make repeat payments simple
- Send money internationally with just a few taps
- Track your transfer in-app from start to finish
Transfer money globally from the UK
International bank transfers are quick and easy when you use Revolut
Avoid common bank transfer issues
- Double-check the recipient details to avoid delays
- Check the type of bank transfers your recipient's account can receive
- Confirm with your recipient that you're sending to a valid and open bank account
Types of bank transfers
The Faster Payments Service (FPS) reduces transfer times between UK GBP accounts in the system to as quick as a few seconds (up to 2 hours) for payments under 250K GBP
Clearing House Automated Payment System (CHAPS) is a GBP same-day service used to settle high-value wholesale payments as well as time-sensitive, payments like buying or paying a deposit on a property
Bankers' Automated Clearing System (BACS) is one of the most common bank-to-bank transfer methods in the UK. People often send direct debit and direct credit transfers, which can take up 3 working days to arrive, but occasionally can take up to 5 working days
SEPA Instant payments process euro and GBP to euro transactions in just seconds, 24/7
A SWIFT transfer is an international money transfer that simplifies sending between countries and currencies. They usually arrive within 3 to 5 business days, depending on the currency and destination
Need a little more help?
Bank transfers FAQs
- A bank transfer is a direct transfer of funds from to a bank account. In other words, it's when you send money from one account to another using someone's account details. Bank transfers can be between two UK accounts or two international accounts. Bank transfers can also be referred to as online transfers, money transfers, and more. Learn more *Please note: Revolut isn't a bank in all countries, but you can still send and receive money transfers with your Revolut account.
- The transfer methods you choose can affect the delivery time. Payments to other Revolut customers usually arrive within a few seconds. Transfers to cards typically take a few minutes, but can take up to 30 minutes. International bank transfers can arrive in as little as minutes, or up to 3 to 5 business days, depending on the currency and destination. Learn more. If you're sending to a non-Revolut account, the delivery times may differ from the timelines above. All transfers are subject to review and on rare occasions it might take longer than typical to complete. Learn more about transfer methods
- When sending money from the UK, we won't charge you currency exchange fees on weekdays, as long as your transfer is within your plan's exchange allowance. We may apply a transfer fee, but this depends on the amount you send, and your plan's international transfer allowance. Check our pricing widget for more details on international transfers and fees. Learn more
- The details we ask for vary depending on the payment method you choose. It's usually a combination of the recipient's phone number, full name, bank account number, and BIC/SWIFT number. Sometimes, we may ask you for other details, like their city. Learn more
- We send money transfers as quickly as possible, but sometimes they can take a little extra time to be sent to your recipient. No matter what, we'll always keep you updated on the status of your transfer. Learn more. To avoid delays with your bank transfer, always check your recipient's details are correct. Learn more
- With Revolut, you can easily transfer money to someone else's bank account within the UK and internationally.
- If you don't have it already, download our Android or iOS app for free and sign up
- Add money to your Revolut account via your card or bank account
- Go to 'Transfer' and choose your destination country and currency
- Enter your recipient's details. You'll usually need their full name, bank account number, and sort code. Some payment methods and destination countries may require additional information
- Fill in the amount, tap 'Send' and you're all set