Revolut revamps Premium and Metal plans with new partner subscriptions
Product & feature · 13 November 2023
- Customers on Revolut Premium and Metal plans have a bundled variety of subscriptions ranging from news to fitness (ClassPass, Deliveroo, Financial Times, Freeletics, Headspace, Picsart, Sleep Cycle, Tinder and others), included in their plan.
- These additional partnership benefits for Premium and Metal plans are valued at up to £545 and £1,730 in retail value per year, respectively.
- The benefits are added for £1 more per month on Premium and £2 more per month on Metal, as Revolut changes the prices of some of its plans in the UK for the first time in 5 years.
Revolut, the global financial app with over 35 million customers worldwide and nearly 8 million in the UK, has announced the first significant overhaul of its paid plans, since their launch in 2018, for customers in the UK and EEA. Premium and Metal plans will now include access to subscriptions for leading lifestyle apps. Already available to Ultra customers, Revolut’s top-end membership, the partnerships will add an extra value for customers, up to £1,730* per annum, depending on the type of the plan.
With the newly revamped paid plans, Revolut has moved a step closer to its goal of becoming the global app of choice for all things money. The selection of subscriptions cater to different personal and professional needs: news (Financial Times), fitness (ClassPass, Freeletics), wellbeing (Headspace, Sleep Cycle), productivity and connectivity (NordVPN, Picsart), even dating (Tinder). These new benefits are available in-app and can be easily activated by Premium and Metal customers from Profile > Your Plan> Partners.
Tara Massoudi, Revolut General Manager of Premium Products, commented: “We always listen to our customers and innovate our products to exceed their expectations. We’re launching a unique offering, which will bring together a carefully selected bundle of lifestyle subscription services included with your Revolut Plan. One account that unlocks subscriptions bringing customers more value and convenience. As part of enhancing our paid plans, additional exciting benefits will come to Ultra customers in due course, too.”
According to Revolut’s data, customers in the UK spend over £17 million per month for digital goods. In October 2023, the amount spent by Revolut customers to pay for this category of goods increased by 24% compared to the same period of the previous year.
Revolut Premium and Metal customers can already benefit from financial products with a wide range of perks such as:
- Global travel insurance
- Purchase, refund protection and ticket cancellation insurance
- Personalised exclusive cards
- Exchange unlimited amounts of money, Monday to Friday at no additional exchange fees
- Discounts for international money transfers. 20% discount for Premium and 40% for Metal plan
- Higher limits for fee-free ATM withdrawals
- Up to 10% cashback for the accommodation booked through Stays and paid with Revolut
- 2 (Premium) or 5 (Metal) Revolut full-access <18 accounts for kids
- Discounted airport lounge access
Consistent in its aspiration to be the first global all-things-money app, Revolut will also enable its Plus customers to make the most of their money thanks to an increased currency exchange fair usage limit of £3,000, from £1,000. The new limit will apply for a 30-day rolling period.
Revolut’s portfolio includes five plans - a free (Standard) plan with features and services for a day-to-day account, and four paid plans (Plus, Premium, Metal and Ultra) with more benefits included for multiple financial and day to day needs.
Starting from 13th November 2023, Revolut Plus, Premium and Metal customers in the UK will receive an email notifying them of changes to the price of their plan. Customers will pay £3.99 per month (or £40 annually) for Plus, £7.99 per month (or £80 annually) for Premium, or £14.99 per month (or £140 annually) for Metal. Existing customers who are on a monthly billing can lock in their current plan price for a year by switching to annual billing before the date given on their email from Revolut. They can also downgrade their plan for free until the price change is implemented on the date in their email.
Get in touch
For media queries get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
More from newsroom
Product & featureSale shoppers urged to walk, not run, this sale season amidst Black Friday scams
17 November 2023
Product & featureRevolut launches Revolut 10 as it targets primary accounts and passes 35m customers worldwide
12 October 2023
Product & featureRevolut launches Ultra: The ultimate platinum card that spearheads a redefined luxury lifestyle category in the UK and Europe
16 June 2023