Let's get you set up
Read our simple guide to start taking payments with your Revolut Reader. It only takes a few minutes.
1. Power up your Reader
Turn on your Reader using the power button. If it doesn’t have enough battery, plug it in to a power source.
2. Create a new request in Revolut Business
Get the Revolut Business app
- Open the Revolut Business app
- Tap Merchant in the Home section
- Tap New request on your dashboard
- Select Card reader
3. Connect your phone to your Reader
Need help connecting?
- Hit Connect a card reader
- Activate the permissions requested in the Revolut Business app
- Select the Reader you'd like to connect to using the last 3 digits of your Reader's serial number
- Accept the pairing code on both the Reader and your mobile device
4. Enter your sale details
Once connected, enter the amount you want to charge, and a description of the item (if you need to). Then press Charge — and you’re done! Your customer’s ready to pay.Read our FAQs
Download our PDF User Guide
Promote Revolut in-store and get rewardedIf you become a Merchant Affiliate with us, you could get rewarded each time one of your customers signs up to Revolut. T&Cs apply.Discover our Merchant Affiliate Program
- Revolut Business accounts: All payments processed through the Revolut Reader will be settled in your Merchant account within 24 hours. Revolut Pro accounts: All payments processed through the Revolut Reader will be settled directly in your Pro account. Payout schedule and settlement times can change according to our T&Cs.
- Revolut Reader supports Chip and PIN and contactless Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro payments, as well as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Revolut Reader integrates withRevolut POS.
- You need to create a profile for them in your Revolut Business account and set them up with the right permissions:
- Log in to Revolut Business and navigate to the Team tab. Select Invite and enter the email address of the team member you want to invite. You can invite multiple team embers at the same time.
- Create your team member's profile and configure their permissions so they have access to the Merchant tab and to create payment requests.
- You can send receipts in 2 ways:
- Select Send receipt from the payment confirmation screen in-app. This should happen as soon as the transaction is completed.
- Find the relevant payment from the transaction list, select it, and choose Send Receipt .
- We offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you return the device to us for any reason within 30 days of the purchase date, we'll refund its cost to your Revolut Business account. The Revolut Reader also comes with a 1-year warranty. If you find any faults in the device within this period, we'll replace it free of charge. For help with a warranty or to request a return, please get in touch with out Support team. For more information, read the Revolut Readerterms and conditions.