What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut Ultra Free Upgrade Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering one (1) customer of Revolut Ltd in the United Kingdom the opportunity to receive a complimentary one (1) year Ultra subscription plan (the “Free Upgrade”). If you receive the Free Upgrade you won’t have to pay any Ultra plan subscription fees for the first year.
In order to participate and potentially receive the Free Upgrade, you must share our Instagram post about this Promotion on your Instagram story (see below for more details) between 11:30 BST on Friday 16 June 2023 and 07:00 BST on 23 June 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to our Paid Plan Terms, the Ultra Fees and any other terms that apply to you in relation to your Ultra subscription.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- live at a residential address in the United Kingdom (“UK”); and
- have an active Revolut Personal account with no restrictions on your account (this means that you must have passed KYC with a registered address in the UK).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- share our @Revolutapp Instagram post about this Promotion that we posted on 16 June 2023 on your Instagram story (your Instagram account must be public) and tag @Revolutapp; and
- leave the story on your Instagram account until it expires (according to Instagram story rules).
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to enter the prize draw to receive the Free Upgrade. You can share our Instagram post about this Promotion on your Instagram story (tagging @Revolutapp and keeping the story up until it expires) as many times as you’d like. We’ll enter your name in the prize draw for each eligible Instagram story you share, and each entry will be considered separately in the prize draw (meaning your chance of winning the Free Upgrade will increase).
How do you select the winner?
Revolut will select one (1) winner at random from all valid entries made in accordance with the steps set out in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?” above.
If you have been selected as the winner of the Promotion, Revolut will contact you via direct message on Instagram within 14 days of the end of the Promotion Period, and will ask for your RevTag to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” above. Revolut will make reasonable efforts to contact you via Instagram direct message, however, if you do not reply after three attempts over three consecutive days, we will draw a second winner and contact them instead over the next few days. If we identify you as the winner but after receiving your RevTag we realise you do not meet the eligibility criteria set out above, we will not be able to award you with the Free Upgrade and so will contact the next person whose name is drawn instead.
Revolut will only contact the winner using the @Revolutapp Instagram account. Once the winner has received their Free Upgrade, we will confirm this via our Instagram story on our @Revolutapp Instagram account.
How do I start my Free Upgrade?
If you have been selected as the winner of this Promotion, provided we have confirmed your eligibility in accordance with the criteria and you have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” above and you’ve responded to our Instagram messages in time (see ”How do you select the winner?” for more information), we will automatically upgrade your account to the Ultra subscription plan for a period of one year. There is nothing else you need to do.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Ultra subscription plan (see our Paid Plan Terms) will apply to you during your Free Upgrade. We will not charge you any Ultra plan subscription fees for the period of time included in your Free Upgrade but you’ll still need to pay any Ultra plan fees you run up during this time (please see the Ultra fees page for more information).
On the expiry of the Free Upgrade, you will be downgraded to the Standard subscription plan (you will not be renewed automatically on the Ultra subscription plan). This means you’ll lose access to Ultra plan specific benefits (including any embedded insurance cover) from that point onwards but you may decide to upgrade again to Ultra, or another Personal account subscription plan, at any time at your own cost.
If your Free Upgrade is for more than 14 days, then you have the right to cancel your selected subscription within the Free Upgrade (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Upgrade period ends, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Note, however, that we will downgrade you to the Standard plan when the Free Upgrade period ends.
If you order a card during your Free Upgrade period and then cancel your Ultra subscription plan before the end of your Free Upgrade period, you will have to pay us back for the card and card delivery fee. This is to cover our costs. Please refer to the Ultra fees page to see the costs of the Ultra card in your market, and fees associated with delivery. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card unless you decide to remain on the Ultra subscription plan for the entire duration of the Free Upgrade period.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on rolling 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Paid Plan subscription” section of the Paid Plans Terms for more information.
If you cancel your new subscription within the cooling off period but have ordered any other card besides an Ultra card, you may have to pay us back for the card and the card delivery fee. Please refer to the Ultra fees page to see the fees associated with each Revolut card.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- Employees of Revolut Ltd and their family members are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- By participating in this Promotion, you understand that we may have to share the winner’s name on our Instagram story or make it available if requested (in line with UK regulations).
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- Any personal data processed or controlled during the Promotion will be dealt with in line with Revolut’s Customer Privacy Notice that governs your particular account. If you sign up to Revolut as part of this Promotion, Revolut will process your personal data also in compliance with our Customer Privacy Notice.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- For customers of Revolut Ltd, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.