My insurance purchase with Revolut
1. Why these terms are important
These terms set out Revolut's role and responsibilities when you buy insurance through the Revolut app as a standard user.
They are your legal agreement with us for this service. They tell you:
- how Revolut is responsible for enabling you to buy insurance products through the Revolut app; and
- how Revolut's chosen insurance partners are responsible for the actual insurance which you choose, and for helping you with any claim you make.
2. About us
In these terms, 'we' and 'us' means Revolut Travel Ltd.
When you buy insurance through the Revolut app, we are responsible for introducing you to our insurance partner and for collecting the amount you pay for your insurance, as described in these terms.
Revolut Travel Ltd is authorised and regulated by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). It is registered on the FCA's Financial Services Register with Firm Reference Number 780586 and has its registered office at 7 Westferry Circus, London E14 4HD, United Kingdom.
3. Buying insurance through the Revolut app
When you buy insurance through the Revolut app, we will:
- introduce you to our insurance partner for the relevant insurance product;
- provide you with the 'Insurance Product Information Document' (which sets out details of your insurance product) and other useful information before you buy your insurance product. We will provide this information to you in the app and you are able to download it if you would like to keep a copy for your records;
- provide the route for you to find the insurance product when you use the Revolut app (subject to availability) so that you can agree to buy it;
- collect the cost of your insurance product from you and in turn pay our insurance partner for your insurance cover; and
- provide you with ongoing access to the documentation for your insurance product (including the insurance policy between you and our insurance partner) via the Revolut app once you have bought it. Documentation is not available in the app once the insurance is cancelled and will need to be requested via chat.
We don't offer advice regarding insurance products. We do provide you with information about our insurance products so you can make an informed decision before you buy.
We don't provide our staff with incentives for selling insurance products.
Our insurance partner will be directly responsible to you for:
- handling any claim you make; and
- making any payments to you after a successful claim.
4. How we collect your payment
When you pay for an insurance product, we will collect the money from your Revolut account as explained on the app. We hold your payment as agent of our insurance partner, meaning your insurance is effectively paid for without delay when we collect the money from your account. Similarly, if you are entitled to a refund at any point, this money becomes yours when we actually pay it to you.
When you instruct the payment from your Revolut account, our parent company, Revolut Ltd, makes the payment to us from the e-money in your account in the normal way (as described in your 'Personal terms').
5. Our insurance partners
At present our insurance partners are:
- White Horse Insurance Ireland dac.
- simplesurance GmbH (underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance, AWP P&C S.A. - Dutch branch).
- Pet insurance - ERGO Travel Insurance Services Limited (Underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE - UK Branch).
Revolut only offers insurance products which are arranged and provided by the above insurers. We may update this list from time to time.
We act as an intermediary between you and the insurer. When we do this, we are acting on behalf of the insurer (not on behalf of you).
We don't charge you a fee for doing this. However, our insurance partners may pay us a commission in exchange for the services we provide, and we may receive a share of any profit from the policies sold.
We are not owned or controlled by our insurance partners in any way, and we do not own or control them in any way. They are not members of the Revolut corporate group. We simply choose them because they provide insurance products which we think our customers may find useful.
6. What if something goes wrong?
How to make a claim under your insurance
To make a claim under your insurance, you will need to contact our insurance partner directly. You can find out how to do this in the insurance section of the Revolut app. Full details are also set out in your insurance policy, which is accessible on the Revolut app after purchase.
Complaints about your insurance product
If you want to make a complaint in connection with the insurance product you buy, or in connection with any claim you make for payment under your insurance, you will need to contact our insurance partner directly. Full details of how to do so are set out in the insurance policy they provide to you.
Complaints about our service
If you'd just like to speak to someone about an issue that's concerning you, please get in touch through in-app support. Problems can usually be quickly solved in this way. You'll probably need to give us the information below.
You can also make a complaint using an online form, or by email at email@example.com.
However you make your complaint, you'll need to provide the following information:
- your name;
- the phone number and email address associated with your Revolut account;
- the date the problem arose and what happened; and
- how you'd like us to put the matter right.
Your complaint will be investigated and you'll get a response by email.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are unhappy with how your complaint was dealt with, you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date you received, or should have received, the final response to your complaint.
- Their address is: Exchange Tower London E14 9SR
- Phone from UK: 0800 023 4567
- Phone from outside the UK: +44 20 7964 0500
You can find more information on their website.
How to make a claim under your insurance
To make a claim under your insurance, you will need to contact our insurance partner directly. You can find out how to do this in the insurance section of the Revolut app. Full details are also set out in the insurance policy they provide to you.
7. We can change these terms
We can change these terms to:
Where possible, we will give you at least two months' notice of any change, through the Revolut app, by text message or in an email.
8. Legal bits and pieces
Our contract with you
Only we (Revolut Travel Ltd) and you have rights under this agreement. This agreement is personal to you and you cannot transfer your rights or obligations under it to anyone else.
We can transfer our rights and obligations but only if we reasonably think this won't have a significant negative effect on your rights under these terms, or if we need to do so to keep to any legal or regulatory requirement.
If your Revolut account is cancelled
Insurance policies distributed by Revolut are only available to Revolut account holders. If at any point your account is deactivated or is in the process of deactivation, all insurance coverage will be cancelled.
English law applies
The law of England and Wales applies to these terms. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.
The English version of the terms applies
If these terms are translated into another language, the translation will be for reference only and the English version will apply. Unless we tell you otherwise, communications between us and you will also be in English.