Revolut Business x Affiliate Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of this Revolut Business x Affiliate Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering businesses (companies or freelancers (self-employed natural persons)) in the United Kingdom, and in selected Revolut Bank UAB markets the opportunity to sign up to Revolut Business for the first time and receive a free trial of one of our paid plans (the “Free Trial”).
The Promotion will be marketed in the following ways:
- directly by the Affiliate via email, an online newsletter, SMS or push notification (but only if you have provided your personal data to the Affiliate and are happy to receive marketing of this kind from them); and/or
- it will be integrated into the Affiliate’s customer sign-up flow, or hosted on the Affiliate’s website and/or on their social media and/or printed on certain physical marketing materials in written form or embedded in a QR code on those materials.
We refer to the above as the “Affiliate Promotional Content”
The Promotion will run for a specific period of time as clearly set out in the Affiliate Promotional Content or on the Revolut website page when you click on the unique link for the Promotion in the Affiliate Promotional Content - we call this the “Revolut landing page” and the duration of the Promotion is called the “Promotion Period”. In order to receive the Free Trial, you must sign up for a Revolut Business account through a unique Revolut Business x Affiliate link during the Promotion Period.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, your business must:
- be new to Revolut Business - if your business already has a Revolut Business account or had a Revolut Business account previously, you won’t be eligible for this Promotion but if you are a freelancer and your only account is a Revolut Personal account (with or without Revolut Pro enabled) you can still take part in this Promotion in relation to a new Revolut Business account;
- have a registered address in an eligible Revolut Ltd or Revolut Bank UAB market - you will be able to see which markets are in scope for the Promotion on the Affiliate’s Promotional Content as well as on the Revolut landing page; and
- have received or have access to a unique link for the Promotion from the Affiliate - this will be included in the Affiliate Promotional Content.
To take part in the Promotion, you need to do the following (we call these the “Promotion Sign-up Steps”):
- click on the unique link mentioned above - this link will redirect you to the Revolut landing page where you can begin the sign up flow;
- follow the steps for opening a Revolut Business account;
- choose which Revolut Business plan you want - you will be given a choice between the following subscription plans - 6 months of Company Grow, 2 months of Company Scale, 1 month of Company Enterprise, 6 months of Freelancer Professional or 2 months of Freelancer Ultimate (If you are a company, you will only be eligible for a Company plan and if you are a self-employed natural person (not a company) you’ll only be eligible for a Freelancer plan);
- complete our Know Your Business (“KYB”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period and be successfully onboarded to Revolut Business (this means you have to pass KYB with a registered address in an eligible Revoult Ltd or Revolut Bank UAB market - the Affiliate Promotional Content will confirm which markets are in scope for the Promotion) with no restrictions on your account; and
- top up your account before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial.
How does the Free Trial work?
Your Free Trial will start as soon as you complete the Promotion Sign-up Steps mentioned above. Just so you know, we will not charge you for the period of time included in yourFree Trial. You have the right to cancel your chosen subscription during the Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Free Trial.
If you want to downgrade to another plan or close your Business account, both of which we refer to as “downgrading”, you will not be charged a fee as long as you ask us to downgrade before the end of the Cooling-off Period. This is in line with the Business Terms (see the “Legal bits and pieces'' section of those terms for more information). We will process your downgrade within one week of receiving your request. Please note that if you submit your downgrade request close to the end of the Free Trial, you may still be automatically charged for your chosen subscription plan. However, we will refund those fees on your Revolut Business account within one week of us processing your downgrade request.
If you order a card and ask us to downgrade before the Cooling-off Period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If the card was a Metal card, you will also have to pay us for the cost of the card itself. If you order a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your chosen subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page for your chosen subscription plan (Company Fees Pages and Freelancer Fees Pages) to see the fees associated with card delivery and Metal cards.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, you will remain on your chosen subscription unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (please see the “Legal bits and pieces'' section of the Business Terms for more information and the Fees page (Company Fees Pages and Freelancer Fees Pages) that applies to your chosen subscription plan for more information on what happens if you cancel within three months of ordering a Metal card. You can choose to pay monthly or annually for our paid plans. We’ll start taking payments for your chosen subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan.
You can also end your chosen subscription at any time after the Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do.
What other legal information should I know?
- If you are a Revolut Ltd customer, this Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD. If you are a Revolut Bank UAB customer, this Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos pr. 21B, LT-08130, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- The Promotion will only run for the agreed Promotion Period. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice. If we are going to change or cancel the Promotion before the end of the Promotion Period, we will give you notice through the Revolut app and/or by email. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period. After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. As mentioned above, you can choose to pay for your paid plan on a monthly or annual basis; if you choose to pay annually, your Free Trial period will not count towards the first 12 months.
- Please see the “Legal bits and pieces” section of the Business Termsfor more information and the Fees page (Company Fees Pages and Freelancer Fees Pages) that applies to your chosen subscription plan for more information on what happens if you cancel within three months of ordering a Metal card.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- The Affiliate will send marketing to its existing customers in compliance with applicable data privacy and direct electronic marketing laws. If you do not want to receive marketing from the Affiliate you must manage your marketing preferences with the Affiliate directly as this is outside of Revolut’s remit. If you sign up to Revolut as part of this Promotion, Revolut will process your personal data in compliance with the privacy notice that applies to your Business account which you can find here.
- These Promotion Terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- If you are a Revolut Ltd customer, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- If you are a Revolut BUAB customer, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in Lithuania.