Revolut x UNiDAYS Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x UNiDAYS Promotion (“the Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of UNiDAYS in the United States the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- Two (2) months subscription to Revolut Premium, without the monthly fee (the "Premium Trial"); and
- a Sign Up Bonus: a top-up of $20 USD deposited directly to your new Revolut account (the “Sign Up Bonus”)
This Promotion will be open between the 1st of December 2022 00:00 GMT and the 30th of November 2023 23:59 GMT (the “Promotion Period”) These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
Revolut Business accounts and Revolut <17 accounts are not eligible for this Promotion.
If you already have a Revolut personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (with a valid US residential address); and
- Either receive marketing directly from UNiDAYS about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in UNiDAYS’ app and/or on UNiDAYS’ website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive marketing from UNiDAYS if you have already provided your personal data to UNiDAYS and are happy for UNiDAYS to send marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Once you click on the unique link, you will be redirected to Revolut’s website where you will be prompted to enter your phone number; and
- You must follow the steps for opening a Revolut account, complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks and be successfully onboarded to Revolut without any restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period; and,
- Activate the Revolut Premium Trial and use your Revolut account virtual or physical card to spend a minimum of $10.00 USD (the “Qualifying Transaction Amount”) within 4 weeks of opening your Revolut personal account to redeem the Sign Up Bonus.
- See “Qualifying Transactions” section below for more details on excluded transactions that do not count toward the Qualifying Transaction Amount.
Remember: If you already have a Revolut account, you won’t be eligible for this Promotion.
Once you have completed the above, you will be eligible for the Promotion and must follow the steps listed below in order to start your Revolut Premium Trial and the Sign Up Bonus.
What terms apply to my new Revolut Account?
You may choose to sign up for any of Revolut’s prepaid card plans, which are each subject to
the Revolut Cardholder Terms. If you elect a paid subscription plan, make sure you remember
that our paid plans are all on 12-month terms whether you choose to pay monthly or annually.
You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a card
You can order a card directly in the app. In some cases, you may have to pay a card delivery
fee. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery for each
Revolut plan. Remember, you can use the virtual cards to qualify for this promotion.
How do I start my Premium Trial?
In order to start your Revolut Premium Trial, you will need to upgrade your Revolut account to a Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of opening your Revolut account. As long as you do so before the 72 hour cutoff, your Revolut Premium Trial will start when you upgrade.
You may choose to sign up for any of Revolut’s prepaid card plans, which are each subject to the Revolut Cardholder Terms. Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see the Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Premium Trial. We will not charge you the Premium monthly subscription fee for the period of time included in your Revolut Premium Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan, without being charged the monthly fee, so you’re aware before you sign up.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Premium Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Premium Trial and not any longer.
If you ordered a card during your Revolut Premium Trial period and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Premium Trial period, you may be subject to cancellation or downgrade fees (this fee varies depending on where you live, but it will be shown in the Revolut App before you downgrade). If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
After the Revolut Premium Trial ends, you will remain on a Premium Plan unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (see Premium and Metal Terms). Our Premium plan has a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. Your Revolut Premium Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. After the Revolut Premium Trial ends, we’ll start taking payments for your Premium plan either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Premium Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Premium Trial ends.
How do I get my Sign Up Bonus?
You will need to meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, to receive the Sign Up Bonus.
The Sign Up Bonus is $20 USD, deposited directly to your new Revolut account after the Qualifying Transaction Amount has been reached.
We will deposit the Sign Up Bonus to your Revolut personal account once you have made a Qualifying Transaction Amount of at least $10.00 USD, with your physical or virtual Revolut card. To reach the Qualifying Transaction Amount and receive the Sign Up Bonus, you can either make one Qualifying Transaction of at least $10 USD or make multiple Qualifying Transactions of smaller value, all of which cumulatively reach the total of $10 USD or more.
To receive the Sign Up Bonus, you will need to reach or exceed the Qualifying Transaction Amount by making Qualifying Transactions with your Revolut card within 4 weeks of opening your Revolut personal account, even if the 4 week period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut personal account must be successfully opened and before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t reach the Qualifying Transaction amount with your Revolut card until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to receive your Sign Up Bonus as long as you meet the requirements before the 4 weeks cut off.
Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical card to make the payments: you can easily generate a virtual card in the app and use it for this purpose. It doesn’t matter whether your Revolut card payments on Qualifying Transactions are with UNiDAYS or another merchant. However, the payments must be a genuine purchase (for example, card transactions to payment service providers and money transfers are not valid).
We’ll credit your account with the Sign Up Bonus within 7 days of you reaching the Qualifying Transaction Amount (subject to these Promotion Terms). If you believe that you are owed a Sign Up Bonus that you have not received, please reach out to us via in-app chat and we will perform an investigation promptly. If it is determined that the Sign Up Bonus is owed to you, we will credit any amounts due to you as soon as possible.
Once you receive the Sign Up Bonus, it can be used for any physical or virtual Revolut card payments.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, you must spend a minimum of $10 USD with Qualifying Transactions with your Revolut physical or virtual card during the Promotion Period in order to redeem the Sign Up Bonus, as outlined above.
Qualifying Transactions exclude: ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, gift cards, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer (P2P)
payments (such as Apple Pay Cash or Google Pay), currency exchange service providers, and
loan payments or account funding made with your debit card are not eligible for this Promotion.
In addition, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services such as Venmo® and
PayPalTM, who also provide P2P payments), gambling, cryptocurrency purchases, and securities transactions (including stock purchases) are not eligible for this Promotion.
If you make a Qualifying Transaction on your virtual or physical Revolut card within the Promotion Period but it is reverted or you seek a refund, the reverted transaction will no longer be deemed a Qualifying Transaction.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Technologies Inc.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We agree to give you a Premium Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Premium Trial). After your Premium Trial period ends, billing and cancellation rules will apply.
- Our Paid Plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually, and your Premium Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. This promotion will run from the day you are able to see the Premium Trial Promotion dashboard in your Revolut app until an end time and date of our choice. We will show you how long your Premium Trial will last for in the Premium Trial Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up. You cannot ask us to invite you to the promotion if you weren’t selected or ask us to extend it if you miss it.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to remove you from the Promotion, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted, the Premium Trial will be lost.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- Revolut USA Prepaid Visa® and Prepaid Mastercard® are issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. for Visa cards, and Mastercard International for Mastercard cards, and may be used everywhere Visa or Mastercard are accepted. Banking services are provided by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, and are subject to the terms of a Cardholder Agreement. Metropolitan Commercial Bank does not hold, trade or sell cryptocurrency and does not provide FDIC insurance for cryptocurrency funds. Non-fiat funds (i.e. cryptocurrency) are converted to US Dollars before being spent on Revolut. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Revolut Technologies Inc. is a technology services provider and administrator of the card program. Travel insurance on Revolut’s paid plans is provided by Chubb Group. Cryptocurrency services provided directly by Apex Crypto LLC, NMLS ID 1828849. Savings Vault services provided by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC. Securities products and services provided by Revolut Securities Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Securities products are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, are not bank deposits, are not obligations of or guaranteed by Metropolitan Commercial Bank and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The terms of this Promotion shall be governed by the Revolut Prepaid Visa and Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder Agreement, including the applicable law and Arbitration Provision.