Terms & Conditions - Revolut Premium 1.5% Cashback Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut 1.5% Cashback Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering 1.5% cashback on qualifying purchases, to select existing standard Revolut customers who upgrade to a Revolut Premium or Metal subscription plan (each a qualifying “Upgrade”) and sign up for the Promotion through the unique promotional link offered through either the Revolut mobile application or in an email sent to the email address associated with the customer’s Revolut account.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion. You must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to redeem this Promotion.
Customers who upgrade and redeem the Promotion through the mobile app, email and/or marketing materials (collectively, the “Promotional Materials”) will be eligible to receive 1.5% cashback on qualifying purchases made with their physical or virtual Revolut card during the Promotion Period (the “Cashback Offer”).
This Promotion is offered at Revolut’s sole discretion and is not automatically available to you. In order to qualify for the Promotion and receive the Cashback Offer, you must:
- See the Promotion displayed within your Revolut mobile app or Promotional Materials; and,
- Redeem the Promotion by selecting the offer and upgrading to a Revolut Premium or Metal subscription plan prior to the redemption deadline stated in the Revolut app (the “Redemption Deadline”).
After the Promotion is redeemed, qualifying customers may earn the Cashback Offer on Qualifying Purchases made with your Revolut physical or virtual card until the end date stated in the Promotional Materials and within the Revolut app (the “Promotion Period”).
This Promotion may only be redeemed once per Revolut customer, and only by those Revolut customers who are offered the Promotion within the Revolut mobile application or via the Promotional Materials.
This Promotion is not available for Revolut Business, Revolut <18 accounts, or to customers with current Revolut Premium or Revolut Metal subscriptions. This Promotion may not be combined with any other existing cashback or paid plan trial promotions.
Cashback through this Promotion will only be awarded on the first $1,000.00 USD spent on posted Qualifying Purchases per 24 hour period (the “Daily Limit”). Each 24 hour period begins at 00:00 UTC (ET +5) and ends at 23:59 UTC (ET +5) (“Day”).
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (with a valid US residential address); and,
- Be an existing customer of Revolut, meaning you have successfully onboarded to Revolut and passed the Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks prior to redeeming the Promotion.
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- See the Promotion displayed within your Revolut app or via the Promotional Materials;
- Redeem the Promotion by selecting the offer and upgrading to a Revolut Premium or Metal subscription plan before the Redemption Deadline stated in the mobile app; and,
- Use your Revolut virtual or physical card to make qualifying purchases during the Promotion Period in order to receive the Cashback Offer.
Remember: The Cashback Offer will be valid until the Promotion Period end date stated in the Revolut app. If you cancel your Revolut Premium or Metal subscription plan at any time during the Promotion Period, you will no longer be eligible for the Cashback Offer and any pending cashback to be paid will be forfeit. Cancellation of a Paid Plan at any time may also be subject to the cancellation and downgrade fees found here.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Cashback Offer.
Only those Qualifying Purchases made during the Promotion Period (after you have redeemed the Promotion) will be eligible to earn the Cashback Offer. Purchases that have been posted after the end of the Promotion Period are not eligible to earn cashback.
What terms apply to my Revolut Account?
Revolut’s prepaid card plans are each subject to the Revolut Cardholder Terms. When you Upgrade to a paid subscription plan, make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12-month terms whether you choose to pay monthly or annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a card
You can order a card directly in the app. In some cases, you may have to pay a card delivery fee. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery for each Revolut plan.
Virtual cards are available directly in the Revolut mobile application. Qualifying transactions made with Revolut virtual cards during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Cashback Offer.
How do I get my Cashback?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period, you will be eligible to receive the Cashback Offer, which is 1.5% cashback on Qualifying Purchases made with your Revolut virtual or physical card(s) until the end of the Promotion Period, subject to the Cashback Limits stated above.
Cashback will be calculated based on the total amount of qualifying purchases made per Day, with the maximum total amount of qualifying purchases not to exceed the Daily Limit. Qualifying purchases made after the Daily Limit has been reached will not generate Cashback. The Cashback amount (as applicable) will be calculated daily and rounded up to the nearest cent.
Cashback on qualifying purchases will be credited to your account approximately once every fourteen (14) days, but could take up to forty-five (45) days in certain circumstances at Revolut’s discretion, subject to these Promotion Terms. Pending transactions will not qualify for Cashback. Only those qualifying transactions that have posted may qualify for Cashback.
If you believe that you are owed cashback that you have not received, please reach out to us via in-app chat within 60 days after receiving your statement and we will perform an investigation promptly. If it is determined that cashback is owed to you, we will credit any amounts due to you as soon as possible.
If you make a virtual or physical Revolut card payment within the Cashback Period but it is reverted or you seek a refund, you will not be entitled to cashback and if we’ve already credited your account with cashback, we reserve the right to reverse that cashback, or deduct the cashback amount from future cashback earned under this or any other Promotion. We will consider the reversal of any cashback transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you. We also may remove you from this Promotion if we (at our sole discretion) determine that you are abusing the Promotion or have violated these terms.
The Cashback Offer applies on qualifying physical or virtual Revolut card purchases made during the Promotion Period.
Qualifying Purchases exclude: transactions that are less than $1.00 USD, ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, gift cards, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments (such as Apple Pay Cash or Google Pay), currency exchange service providers, and loan payments (including Buy Now Pay Later providers) or account funding made with your debit card are not eligible for cash back rewards. In addition, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services such as Venmo® and PayPal™, who also provide P2P payments, cryptocurrency exchanges), gambling, cryptocurrency purchases, and securities transactions (including stock purchases) are not eligible for the Cashback Offer.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Technologies Inc.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to reverse any cashback you receive during the Promotion Period if the payment that earned the cashback is refunded to you, you earned the cashback fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the cashback, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any cashback transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render the awarding of cashback as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted between the time of qualifying for cashback and receiving cashback, then the cashback will be lost.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- Revolut USA Prepaid Visa® and Prepaid Mastercard® are issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. for Visa cards, and Mastercard International for Mastercard cards, and may be used everywhere Visa or Mastercard are accepted. Banking services are provided by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, and are subject to the terms of a Cardholder Agreement. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Revolut Technologies Inc. is a technology services provider and administrator of the card program. Travel insurance on Revolut’s paid plans is provided by Chubb Group. Cryptocurrency services provided directly by Apex Crypto LLC, NMLS ID 1828849. Savings Vault services provided by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC. Securities products and services provided by Revolut Securities Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Securities products are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, are not bank deposits, are not obligations of or guaranteed by Metropolitan Commercial Bank and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The terms of this Promotion shall be governed by the Revolut Prepaid Visa and Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder Agreement, including the applicable law and Arbitration Provision.