What is this Promotion about?
Revolut Technologies Japan, Inc. is offering Tinder customers in Japan the opportunity to have a 3 month free trial of the Tinder Gold subscription (the “Tinder Subscription Offer”), if they sign up for a Revolut Personal account for the first time (the “Promotion”) between 09:00 JST on 16 November 2023 and 8:59 JST on 17 of November 2024 (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms and conditions (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your new Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
Who is eligible for this Promotion?
To be considered an eligible participant for this Promotion you must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You must be a resident in Japan.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must not have an active Tinder Gold account during the Promotion Period.
- You must not have or have previously held a Revolut Personal account before with any Revolut group entity.
What do I need to do to receive the Tinder Subscription Offer?
To take part in this Promotion, you must complete the following steps before the end of the Promotion Period.
- Click on the unique link provided by Tinder in their in-app banner or on a Tinder social media post.
- Successfully open a Revolut Personal account through that link (if you sign up using the normal Revolut account opening process in our app, you will not be eligible to receive the Tinder Subscription Offer).
- Make your first genuine Revolut physical or virtual card payment (transactions to payment service providers, other bank accounts and e-wallets will not be genuine).
How do I start my Tinder Subscription Offer?
If you successfully complete the steps set out in “What do I need to do to receive the Tinder Subscription Offer?”, you will receive an email from Revolut with a unique Tinder code. You will only receive this email from us if you have opted into Revolut Third Party Promotions in the Revolut app - you can do this in the “Security & privacy” section of the app or, if you are on the latest version of our app, you can find this in the “Notification settings” section.
You have 60 days from the date of receiving the email from us to click the “Claim offer” link. Once you do that, you will be redirected to tinder.com, where your code will be automatically recognised and you will either be instructed to create a new Tinder account or log in to your existing account so that 3 months of the Tinder Gold subscription can be added to your Tinder account.
What other legal information should I know?
- We may change, suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end of the Promotion Period if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- If we need to change, suspend or end the Promotion before the end of the Promotion Period, we will try to give you notice through the app and/or email. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control which means we are unable to continue running the Promotion as planned. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of early suspension or termination.
- The Tinder account terms and conditions will apply to you during your Tinder Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Tinder Subscription Offer. On the expiry of your Tinder Subscription Offer, your Tinder Gold account will be closed. If you wish to continue using your Tinder Gold account, you will need to pay the relevant charges for the subscription. Please ensure you are aware of Tinder’s terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Tinder account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your Tinder account. You must contact Tinder directly in relation to this.
- If these Promotion Terms are translated into another language, the translation is for reference only and the Japanese language version shall prevail.
- These Promotion Terms are governed by Japanese law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms are subject to exclusive agreed jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.