General Partner Promotion Terms - Free Trial
What is the Promotion?
The Revolut Japan General Partner Promotion - Free Trial (the “Promotion”) is an opportunity for customers in Japan to open a Revolut account for the first time and receive a Revolut account free subscription plan for a limited time (the “Free Trial”).
The Promotion is offered by Revolut Technologies Japan, Ltd. (“Revolut”, “we”, “our” or “us”) and the participating affiliate partner (the “Partner”).
The terms and conditions of the Promotion are set out below. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the other terms and conditions that apply to you as a customer of Revolut, including the Personal Terms and Fees page.
The Promotion will run for a specific period of time as clearly set out in the Partner’s app and/or on the Partner’s website and/or on their social media as well as on the Revolut page when you click on the unique link for the Promotion (the “Promotion Period”).
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for the Promotion, you must:
- live at a residential address in Japan; and
- either receive marketing directly from the Partner about the Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in the Partner’s app and/or on the Partner’s website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion.
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link for the Promotion from the Partner’s website or the unique link for the Promotion received from the Partner - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. On the Revolut website you will be able to see important details of this Promotion including these Promotion Terms, the Promotion Period as well as the details of the Free Trial including the subscription plan you are offered as part of the Promotion and its duration. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account and will be offered the Free Trial;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period. If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion; and
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in Japan) with no restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must successfully complete all of the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Free Trial within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. Details of the subscription plan will be made available to you on the Revolut website before you sign up for a Revolut Personal account. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the relevant subscription plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Promotion (see Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. The duration of the Free Trial will be made known to you when you click on the unique link for the Promotion. You will also be able to see this information in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App. On the expiry of the Free Trial, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan. If you order a card during your Free Trial period and then cancel your subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card (price of the card depends on the subscription plan to which you were upgraded). This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
You have the right to cancel your subscription plan within the Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Downgrading your Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a Revolut card with your new subscription plan
If you cancel your new subscription plan within the cooling off period but have ordered a card, you’ll have to pay us back for the card issuance and delivery. You may also have to pay a card issuance and delivery fees if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription plan within your cooling off period. Please refer to the fees page to see the fees associated with card issuance and delivery subject to your subscription plan.
What other legal information should I know?
- Revolut reserves the right to change, modify and/or supplement these terms, and to change, modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion at its sole discretion at any time. If we exercise this right we will try to give you advance notice through the Revolut app, email and/or our website.
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we will tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or -annually, and your Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Free Trial will last for in the Revolut app before you sign up.
- Revolut reserves the right to suspend or end the Free Trial earlier than the scheduled end date if, in our reasonable opinion, the Free Trial is earned fraudulently or there is a breach of these terms or the other terms and conditions that apply to you.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of the Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- Revolut is not responsible for any marketing sent directly by the Partner to its existing customers. If you do not wish to receive marketing from the Partner you must manage your marketing preferences directly with the Partner.
- These terms are originally published in Japanese and this English translation is prepared for reference purposes only. The Japanese language version of these terms shall prevail.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to the Tokyo District Court.