General Partner Cash Award Promotion
General Partner Promotion Terms - Cash Award
What is the Promotion?
The Revolut Japan General Partner Promotion - Cash Award (the “Promotion”) is an opportunity for customers in Japan to open a Revolut account for the first time and receive a cash award of ¥1,600 into their new Revolut account (the “Cash Award”) after completing their first transaction.
The Promotion is offered by Revolut Technologies Japan, Ltd. (“Revolut”, “we”, “our” or “us”) and the participating affiliate partner (the “Partner”).
The terms and conditions of the Promotion are set out below. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the other terms and conditions that apply to you as a customer of Revolut, including the Personal Terms and Fees page.
The Promotion will run for a specific period of time as clearly set out in the Partner’s app and/or on the Partner’s website and/or on their social media as well as on the Revolut page when you click on the unique link for the Promotion (the “Promotion Period”).
Who is eligible to participate in the Promotion?
In order to participate in the Promotion you must be an Eligible Customer of Revolut. An “Eligible Customer” is defined as a customer that has:
- received marketing directly from a Partner in relation to the Promotion or clicked the unique Revolut link made available by that Partner on their mobile app, website or social media;
- entered their telephone number on the Partner specific Revolut landing page;
- followed the instructions to download the Revolut app;
- applied for a new Revolut Standard, Premium or Metal account;
- passed Revolut’s ‘Know Your Customer’ checks and been onboarded;
- not previously closed a Revolut account or had an account become suspended or closed; and
- made a physical or virtual Revolut Card transaction for an amount over ¥1 within 14 days of opening their new Revolut account (even if the 14 day period ends after the Promotion Period).
For the avoidance of doubt, a card transaction means you use your Revolut physical or virtual card to purchase goods and/or services from a third-party merchant by entering the details of your Revolut physical or virtual card into their payment processing system. Transfers of funds within the Revolut app, the purchase of commodities within the Revolut app, or top-ups to another payment service, do not qualify as card transactions.
When do I receive my Cash Award?
The Cash Award will be automatically credited to your new Revolut account within 10 days of the Revolut card transaction being made.
What other legal information should I know?
- Revolut reserves the right to change, modify and/or supplement these terms, and to change, modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion at its sole discretion at any time. If we exercise this right we will try to give you advance notice through the Revolut app, email and/or our website.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render the awarding of the Cash Award impossible. Accordingly, Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or closed before you receive the Cash Award under the Promotion, then you will no longer be entitled to receive the Cash Award and it will not be paid to you.
- Revolut reserves the right to reverse any Cash Award received during the Promotion Period if, in our reasonable opinion, the Cash Award is earned fraudulently or there is a breach of these terms or the other terms and conditions that apply to you.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of the Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- Revolut is not responsible for any marketing sent directly by the Partner to its existing customers. If you do not wish to receive marketing from the Partner you must manage your marketing preferences directly with the Partner.
- These terms are originally published in Japanese and this English translation is prepared for reference purposes only. The Japanese language version of these terms shall prevail.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to the Tokyo District Court.