New Signup Cashback Campaign
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the New Signup Cashback Campaign (the “Campaign”), offered by REVOLUT TECHNOLOGIES JAPAN, Inc. (“Revolut”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
The terms and conditions of the Campaign are set out below. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the other terms and conditions that apply to you as a customer of Revolut, including the Personal Terms and Fees page.
The campaign period will be notified to you via email (the “Campaign Period”).
What is the Campaign?
The Campaign is the opportunity for Eligible Customers to earn 10% cashback on their first Eligible Transaction. The cashback you can earn is capped at JPY 500.
Who is eligible to participate in the Campaign?
To participate in the Campaign, you must be an Eligible Customer of Revolut. An “Eligible Customer” is defined as a customer that has:
- personally received communications from Revolut inviting them to participate in the Campaign,
- submitted an ID and passed Revolut ‘Know Your Customer’ checks
- an active Revolut Standard, Premium or Metal account; and
- not previously closed a Revolut account or had an account become suspended or restricted.
What is an Eligible Transaction?
For the purpose of the Campaign, an “Eligible Transaction” is a physical or virtual Revolut Card transaction.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Revolut Card transaction means you use your Revolut physical or virtual card to purchase genuine goods and/or services from a third-party merchant by entering the details of your Revolut physical or virtual card into their payment processing system. The transfers or exchange of funds, the purchase of precious metals, or the purchase of gift cards are examples of transactions which do not qualify as Revolut Card transactions.
When will I receive my cashback?
Revolut will credit the cashback into your Revolut account by mid-February.
What other legal information should I know?
- If your identity verification process is not approved or still under review at the end of the Campaign Period, you will not be eligible. If your identity verification attempt is rejected, you can still be eligible if you re-submit and pass your identity verification process by the end of the Campaign Period.
- Revolut reserves the right to change, modify and/or supplement these terms, and to change, modify, suspend or cancel the Campaign at its sole discretion at any time. If we exercise this right we will try to give you advance notice through the Revolut app, email and/or our website.
- Events beyond the control of or not attributable to Revolut may occur that render the awarding of the cashback impossible. Accordingly, Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or closed before you receive the cashback under the Campaign, then you will no longer be entitled to receive the cashback and it will not be paid to you.
- Revolut reserves the right to reverse any cashback if, in our reasonable opinion, the cashback is earned fraudulently or there is a breach of these terms or the other terms and conditions that apply to you.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of the Campaign (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances (including the reversal of cashback and the suspension or closure of your Revolut account).
- These terms are originally published in Japanese and this English translation is prepared for reference purposes only. The Japanese language version of these terms shall prevail.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to the Tokyo District Court at the first instance.