What is the Campaign?
The HIS x Revolut Partnership Campaign (the “Campaign”) is an opportunity for customers in Japan to open a Revolut account for the first time and receive a cash award of ¥2,000 into their new Revolut account (the “Cash Award”) after spending more than ¥10,000 (or equivalent) in aggregate with Revolut cards.
The Campaign is offered by H.I.S. Co., Ltd. (the “Partner”) and Revolut Technologies Japan, Ltd. (“Revolut”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
The terms and conditions of the Campaign are set out below. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the other terms and conditions that apply to you as a customer of Revolut, including the Personal Terms and Fees page.
No period is set for the Campaign. The Campaign may end without prior notification.
Who is eligible to participate in the Campaign?
In order to participate in the Campaign you must be an Eligible Customer of Revolut. An “Eligible Customer” is defined as a customer that has:
- clicked the unique Revolut link made available by the Partner;
- entered their telephone number on the Partner specific Revolut landing page;
- downloaded the Revolut app from SMS sent to the telephone number;
- applied for a new Revolut Standard, Premium or Metal account;
- passed Revolut’s ‘Know Your Customer’ checks and been onboarded;
- not previously closed a Revolut account or had an account become suspended or closed; and
- made physical or virtual Revolut card transaction(s) for an aggregate amount over ¥10,000 (or equivalent).
For the avoidance of doubt, a card transaction means you use your Revolut physical or virtual card to purchase goods and/or services from a third-party merchant by entering the details of your Revolut physical or virtual card into their payment processing system. Transfers of funds within the Revolut app, the purchase of precious metals within the Revolut app, or top-ups to another payment service, do not qualify as card transactions.
If you make non-JPY card transactions, we will, at our sole discretion, determine the prevailing exchange rate on the relevant transaction day and convert the paid amount into JPY.
When do I receive my Cash Award?
The Cash Award will be automatically credited to your new Revolut account within 10 days of the aggregate amount of the Revolut card transaction(s) reaching the ¥10,000 (or equivalent) threshold.
What other legal information should I know?
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change the Campaign or change these terms without notice.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render the awarding of the Cash Award impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or closed before you receive the Cash Award under the Campaign, then you will no longer be entitled to receive the Cash Award and it will not be paid to you.
- If we judge that you conduct fraudulent or malicious activities in respect of the Campaign, we may, at our sole discretion, take an appropriate action (including closing your account or making your rewards void).
- Revolut is not responsible for any marketing sent directly by the Partner to its existing customers. If you do not wish to receive marketing from the Partner you must manage your marketing preferences directly with the Partner.
- These terms are originally published in Japanese and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the Japanese version can be used in legal proceedings.
- These terms are governed by Japanese law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms are subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.