Revolut x Tinder Promotion - Free Trial 2022/23 - II
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Tinder Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering users of Tinder in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain (the “Eligible Countries”) the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- 3 months of the Tinder Gold subscription plan for free (the “Tinder Subscription Offer”); and
- 3 months of the Revolut Premium subscription plan for free (the “Revolut Free Trial”)
The Tinder Subscription Offer will not be available to you if you already have an active Tinder Gold account.
In order to receive the Tinder Subscription Offer and the Revolut Free Trial you must sign up to Revolut through a unique Tinder link between 0001 UTC on 2 November 2022 and 2359 UTC on 31 March 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion. To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in one of the Eligible Countries; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Tinder about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in Tinder’s app and/or on social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion. You will only receive marketing from Tinder if you have already provided your personal data to Tinder and are happy for Tinder to send marketing to you.
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the in-app banner or social media post - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account with a Premium plan and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period; and
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) with a registered address in one of the Eligible Countries and with no restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Tinder Subscription Offer and the Revolut Free Trial.
How do I start my Tinder Subscription Offer?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, you will be able to start your Tinder Subscription Offer once you have made your first physical or virtual Revolut card payment. You need to make your first card payment within one month of signing up for your account and, in any case, by not later than by the end of the Promotion Period. This means you might need to make your first payment in less than a month if the Promotion Period ends earlier. Revolut will send you your unique Tinder code by email no more than 7 days after you have made your first physical or virtual Revolut card payment. You will need to click “Claim offer” in the email; you will be redirected to tinder.com where your code will be automatically recognised. You'll either be instructed to create a new Tinder account or you will be instructed to log in to your existing account. Once all steps are completed 3 months of free Tinder Gold will be added to your account.
(The Tinder Subscription Offer will not be added to your account if you already have an active Tinder Gold account when you redeem your unique Tinder code.)
Your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened and you need to have made your first physical or virtual Revolut card payment before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t start your Tinder Subscription Offer until after the end of the Promotion Period: you’ll still be able to start your Tinder Subscription Offer as long as you redeem the unique Tinder code received in the email from Revolut within 60 days of receiving it.
On the expiry of your Tinder Subscription Offer, your Tinder Gold account will be closed. If you wish to continue using your Tinder Gold account you will need to pay the relevant charges for the subscription.
The applicable terms and conditions for the Tinder account will apply to you during your Tinder Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Tinder Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Tinder account.
How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?
You can start your Revolut Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Revolut Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened. You will need to complete these steps even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. In practice, this means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to Premium until after the end of the Promotion Period: you’ll still be able to start your Revolut Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Revolut Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up. You’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
On the expiry of the Revolut Free Trial, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription. We’ll take payments monthly or yearly, depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan.
You have the right to cancel your selected subscription within the Revolut Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Revolut Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply.
Remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms, whether you choose to pay monthly or pay annually. You can leave these paid plans early but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a Premium card
If you order a card during your Revolut Free Trial period (including during the cooling off period) and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Free Trial period, you will have to repay us the card delivery fee. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
You may also have to pay a card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription within your cooling off period. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice. If we change these Promotion Terms we will publish the updated version of these Promotion Terms on our website. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you a Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Revolut Free Trial). After your Revolut Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Promotion Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- The applicable terms and conditions for the Tinder account will apply to you during your Tinder Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Tinder Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Tinder account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your Tinder account. You must contact Tinder directly in relation to this.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These Promotion Terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these Promotion Terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- These Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).