Car Insurance - Waitlist terms and conditions
Car Insurance - Waitlist terms and conditions
THIS PROMOTION HAS ENDED ON 6 APRIL 2023
1. What is the promotion about?
Revolut Insurance Europe UAB is offering one lucky customer the opportunity to win a cash prize of €2,500 (the “Reward”) when you buy our new car insurance offering after joining our car insurance waitlist, as described in further detail below (the “Promotion").
This Promotion will run from 22 March 2023 (00:00 GMT) on to 13 April 2023 (12:00 GMT) (the“Promotion Period”).
2. Am I eligible to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- be resident in the Republic of Ireland;
- be 18 years of age or older; and
- have a personal account with Revolut Bank UAB (not suspended, closed or restricted) and have passed all “know your customer” and anti-money laundering checks.
You are not eligible for this Promotion if you have already joined the car insurance waitlist before the Promotion Period begins. Keep an eye on our website and in the Revolut app for other promotions for which you may be eligible.
3. What do I need to do to enter the Promotion?
- join our car insurance waitlist during the Promotion Period;
- subsequently purchase a car insurance policy within the Revolut app by 30 May 2024; and
- not have cancelled your car insurance policy prior to the date when the winner of the Reward will be announced (see below).
You must complete all steps to have a valid entry for this Promotion. Please note that if your policy expires before the date that the winner of the Reward is announced but you have chosen not to renew your policy, you will still have a valid entry to this Promotion.
By purchasing a car insurance through Revolut app, you can save up to 30%*. If you are eligible and opt in for Smart Driving, you can get up to 25% discount**. However, it is important to understand that by joining our car insurance waitlist, this does not in any way guarantee that you will be able to obtain car insurance with our insurance partner. Car insurance is a regulated financial product and your ability to purchase this product will be subject to suitability requirements, underwriting criteria and other consumer protection requirements.
4. When will the winner of the Reward be announced?
We will compile a list of all valid entrants in line with the above eligibility criteria following the end of the Promotion Period. We will randomly select the winner of the Reward on 15 June 2024. The winner will be notified by email or within the Revolut app. We will also announce the winner’s name and location in these Promotion terms.
The Reward will be credited to the winner’s Revolut personal account on or before 30 June 2024.
5. What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Insurance Europe UAB, a company whose registered office is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania.
- This Promotion is offered in connection with a regulated insurance product offered by our insurance partner, AIG Europe S.A. Revolut Insurance Europe UAB partners exclusively with AIG Europe S.A. in respect of distributing car insurance in Ireland.
- Revolut Insurance Europe UAB is authorised as an insurance brokerage undertaking by the Bank of Lithuania in the Republic of Lithuania. Revolut Insurance Europe UAB is also subject to conduct of business rules by financial regulators in the countries where it carries on business (including the Central Bank of Ireland in Ireland in respect of its insurance distribution business).
- This Promotion is being conducted in connection with the marketing of our car insurance offering. There is no other charge for taking part in this Promotion (other than the purchase of a car insurance policy) and there is no additional charge for the redemption of the Reward.
- *Up to 30% saving rates were based on comparing Revolut’s planned car insurance offering premiums with premiums from 5 leading insurers (as of 31 January 2023) across 33 customer profiles. For these 33 customer profiles, we collected quotes directly through the competition websites - competition constitutes top 5 insurers in the market. Profiles have various characteristics across below dimensions to create a diverse and (to the extent possible) representative group: driver age, NCB years, engine size, car type, age & value, transmission & fuel type, KMs driven, licence type & years of licence held.The analysis was based on annual comprehensive policies of all afore-mentioned providers. Maximum Delta (i.e. pricing advantage) created in any profile compared to the second cheapest competitor is ~30%.
- ** Smart Driving is a feature that car insurance will provide where a user agrees to self install a telematics device that plugs directly into the car’s accessory socket. Eligible customers who opt in for Smart Driving will be offered up to 25% discount. Detailed information on the Smart Driving feature and eligibility criteria will be provided to customers upon a car insurance policy purchase so that customers can make an informed decision.
- By participating in this Promotion, you confirm that you understand that any Reward may be subject to local income tax in Ireland and/or in the local territory where you are tax resident. It is entirely your responsibility to pay any tax which may arise from winning any Reward. Revolut will bear no liability for any tax obligations which may arise from winning any Reward as part of this Promotion.
- We can suspend, end or cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time. If we suspend or end this Promotion, we will remove these Promotion Terms from our website. If we change the Promotion Terms, we will make the updated terms available on our website. Any change to the Promotion Terms (including the suspension or termination of the Promotion) does not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion (unless required by any applicable law).
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may, in our sole discretion, take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- To the extent permitted by law these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live.
- Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside.