Life Challenges & Well-being
At Revolut we care for our customers and their financial health. Our mission is to make financial services fair for all. We are always working on research and development of new features to support the needs of all our customers.
What is bereavement?
Taking care of practical and financial matters can be overwhelming when you’re experiencing grief over the loss of a loved one. Revolut is here to support you at this difficult time.
What is financial abuse?
- Being stopped from working and/or getting education
- Being asked to account for every single thing you spent
- Being stopped or impeded from accessing your financial account
- Being controlled on how your spend your income
- Debt or credit was taken in your name without your knowledge and permission
Know more about financial abuse
What is Gambling?
- Spending more than you want on gambling
- Struggling to find the money for basics
- Taking out loans to cover gambling debts
If you’re worried about your gambling, you have the ability to turn gambling transactions ‘on’ or ‘off’ easily in-app. This feature allows you to press pause and stay in control. We hope that Gambling Block will help people with gambling problems to self-exclude from gambling spending.
- 1Download the app
Get started with Revolut on your iOS or Android device
- 2Go to the Profile tab
Head to Home screen → Profile at the top left corner of the app (a sign with your profile picture or initials) → scroll to Security → Gambling block
- 3Get control over gambling spend
Toggle on/off button to add or remove gambling restriction
- 4Cooling off period
Activating the Gambling Block is instant. Please note that it takes 48 hours to be disabled.
- Lack of sleep due to money worries
- Anxiety to check bank statements or account balance
- Lack of confidence to contact a bank or financial service provider
- Fear to open bills or check important letters
- Overspending and feeling guilty after spending
- Feeling hopeless and unable to manage money
Money worries hub
Sometimes circumstances change and you might start to worry about your money. At this moment it can be tough to acknowledge and admit you have a problem, but we are here to help you.
- Track how you spend with automatic categorisation
- Learn more about our budget planner here
Fraud & Scams
Unfortunately, fraudsters are always looking for new ways to get access to your account and your money. One common way they try to do this is by placing ads on Google with phone numbers pretending to be Revolut customer support. To help keep you safe, we will never send you a text message asking you to click on a link, or to send us sensitive information, such as your card details or your app passcode.
Right to account
- Natural or legal persons domiciled in France
- Natural persons of French nationality residing outside France
- Natural persons legally residing in the territory of another Member State of the European Union not acting for professional needs
- Ask this bank to take steps with the Banque de France so that the latter appoints a bank responsible for opening a deposit account according to the procedure for the right to an account
- Carry out these procedures yourself with the Banque de France
- A valid identity document
- Proof of address
- A sworn statement that you do not have a deposit account
- Indication of your geographic preferences
- Opening, maintaining and closing the account
- One change of address per year
- The issuance of bank identity statements on request
- Direct debit of bank transfers
- Monthly provision of a statement of transactions carried out on the account
- The cashing of cheques* and bank transfers
- Payments by SEPA direct debit, SEPA interbank payment order or by SEPA bank transfer, the latter can be carried out at the counters* or remotely
- Remote consultation of the balance of the account
- Cash deposits and withdrawals at the counter of the bank*
- A payment card, each use of which is authorized by the bank that issued it, allowing in particular the payment of transactions on the internet and the withdrawal of cash in the European Union
- Two bank checks per month or equivalent means of payment offering the same services*
- Carrying out cash transactions*
Financially Vulnerable Customers
- at least 15 payment incidents and/or irregularities in the operation of the account for three consecutive months;
- at least 5 payment incidents and/or irregularities in the operation of the account during the same month; 2. Admissible filing of a request for over-indebtedness with the over-indebtedness commission pursuant to Article L. 331-3-1 of the Consumer Code; 3. Registration for three consecutive months in the Bank of France file centralising check payment incidents. If we find that your situation matches at least one of the criteria set out above, you will be considered to be financially vulnerable. We will then offer you to subscribe to our specific offer dedicated to financially vulnerable customers.
Check our blog page to learn what chargeback is and when it can be requested.
If you would like further support please get in touch with us via our in-app chat service and we will be happy to help however best we can.