Get the <18 ball rolling
Trying to get your folks vibing with Revolut <18? Check out our cheat sheet
Set yourself up for financial success
Get money skills for life with Revolut <18 and learn how to earn, budget, spend and save, your way. Scroll down to teach your fam about <18 and let your journey begin!Get Revolut <18 now
Parents asking questions?
Come armed with answers
- Revolut <18 is a money card and app built for anyone aged between 6 and 17. It’s designed to help you manage your money more independently and get hands on with learning how to earn, budget, spend and save money safely and securely. Get money savvy and build smart spending habits for life.
- Your parent can set up a Revolut <18 account and order a Revolut <18 spending card for you, all within their Revolut app. Or, you can download the Revolut <18 app yourself (minimum age applies) and ask your parents to approve your account. All they’ll need to do to accept your request is create a Revolut account. In the <18 app, you can earn, budget, save or spend the money in your account. Make use of smart money management tools designed for you. Your parent can use the Revolut <18 dashboard in their app to send money, help you keep secure, and support you on your money journey.
- We work hard to stay secure and compliant with your country's laws, which means our customers need to agree to our terms. Because you have to be over 18 to do this, we need your parent to approve your account and act as the legal account holder. They need to open a Revolut account to be able to do this, but we think that’s a pretty good perk. When they join, your parent can help you reach your goals and learn smart spending from their app, plus they can send money over easily when you need it.
- Once your account has been created and activated, your parent can order the card through their Revolut app.
- You’ll get your own customisable spending card and <18 app. You can request and receive money from your parents, either on-demand, or they can set up a regular allowance. You can make transactions online or in-store, including contactless with Google or Apple Pay, in any currency, and you can withdraw cash from ATMs. Plus, once you’re old enough (this is based on your country’s age of consent), send and receive money to and from friends on Revolut. You and a friend can even earn a bit of pocket money (on us!) when you invite them to Revolut. There are loads more features to explore, like Savings Goals and Challenges, when your parent is on a Plus, Premium or Metal plan.
- For us, safety and security is our first priority when it comes to your money. If your parents want to know more about this, we recommend them visit our security page.Security page
- It’s free to create and use a Revolut or Revolut <18 account. There’s no monthly fee on the standard plan, but we do charge a one-time delivery fee if your parent orders a card. If you want to personalise your <18 card, there’s also a charge for this. If your parent decides to upgrade to one of our Plus, Premium or Metal plans, with a monthly fee, no extra fee is charged for delivery or personalisation.Our plans
- When you turn 18, you can continue to use the Revolut <18 account until your 19th birthday or until your card expires. We won't issue any new <18 cards once you’re over 18. Once you turn 18, you can sign up for a Revolut personal account, so you’ll be able to get our full range of features and products.
- No need to panic, because your parent can freeze your card instantly from their Revolut app. If you find your card again, they can easily unfreeze it. If it’s definitely lost or stolen, either you or your parent can report it in your app to cancel the card, and your parent can order a replacement.
- Yes, your <18 card can be easily linked to Google or Apple Pay (so long as you’re old enough in your country), so you can make contactless payments. It’s super handy if you leave your card at home and still need money to grab a bus ticket or some lunch.
- Yes, your parent can add a co-parent or additional guardian to join your Revolut squad, if they upgrade to our Plus, Premium, or Metal plan.
What do other parents say?
"It does exactly what it needs to"Try Revolut <18 now
Awesome. How do we get started?
- Sign up to Revolut
Your parent downloads the Revolut app and creates a free account for themselves
- 2Create an <18 account
Once their Revolut account is activated, your parent will be able to create an <18 account for you in their app. Or if you already created one in the Revolut <18 app (minimum age applies*), they can approve your request.
- 3Get that <18 card ready and go!
In your parent’s app, you can personalise your <18 card (fees may apply), they can order it, and your money journey can begin!
Start your money journey together
Psst! Use the code REV18 to sign up to Revolut <18 and get a cash reward on us once your account is activated.**
*If you’re above the age of data consent in your country, you can create an account for free yourself, and get parent or guardian approval (see more in-app). If you’re below this age, your parent needs to create an account for you from their Revolut app. **Parental approval is required for account creation. Referrals and self-sign up offer available to teens above the age of data consent in UK and IE only. See Referrals T&Cs in your parents’ app for further information.