Revolut launches its 2022 campaign ‘Your Way In’ to reinvent the world of money
Corporate · 26 August 2022
- Revolut launches its biggest ever brand campaign as it reaches 5 million customers in the UK
- Revolut's advert takes viewers on an action packed journey across the world, crashing through traditions to unlock a world of money previously considered inaccessible
- The campaign challenges stereotypes in finance and promotes financial empowerment for all through out of home billboards, bus and Underground posters
On 26th August, Revolut, the global financial super-app with more than 20 million customers worldwide and over 5 million in the UK, will launch its 2022 brand campaign to show consumers how they can break into previously closed off worlds of money. Revolut has launched an omni-channel marketing campaign with presence on linear TV, digital TV, OOH billboards, digital marketing channels, podcasts and more. The television advert, entitled ‘Your Way In’, is a cinematic interpretation of entering the world of finance from your smartphone.
The new Revolut brand campaign portrays the most rewarding opportunities in money that have not been available to most of us. Traditionally they’ve been too expensive, too complicated or too difficult for us all to access. Revolut is crashing through those traditions to unlock a world of money that most people never thought they could be part of, and give people the confidence to make the most of it.
The television advert is an energetic visual feast, as viewers are taken on an action packed journey across the world:
- A western financial city district where a woman on a toilet crashes into a room of traders whilst trading stocks on her smartphone
- A travelling backpacker crashes into different countries to pay for food and drink on the go, including at a French boulangerie, on an Indian train carriage, and at a Kowloon market
- A young woman at home requesting money from her friend who’s training on an exercise bike
- A man jet skis on an armchair to help his ‘bae’ purchase a cup in Singapore dollars.
- Finally, a teenage boy crashes into a Prague barbershop for a quick peach fuzz trim and pays contactlessly with his Revolut <18 card
Created in partnership with Wieden+Kennedy, the Revolut television advert will premiere on 26th August 2022, and will be shared on Revolut’s social media channels. The overall campaign, including out of home advertising, is predicted to be seen by millions.
The ‘Your Way In’ television advert echoes the wider marketing campaign by Revolut in which billboards, buses and Underground posters will be displayed across Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, and London - including the Old Street roundabout and Waterloo Station.
Traditionally money has only been in the hands of the elite, but Revolut lets any money underdog access wealth and power. The out of home marketing shows the opposite of the ‘elite, powerful stereotype’ and instead puts the spotlight on a diverse range of characters gaining financial empowerment. As an example, one includes an image of a young woman alongside text saying “This is a money guy”.
Quentin Luce, Global Head of Integrated Media, said:“We’re delighted to share a campaign that speaks to the money underdog. The most rewarding opportunities in money have not been available to most of us. They’ve been too expensive, too complicated or too difficult for us all to access. Revolut changes all of that. Revolut is one simple app that unlocks a world of money that most people never thought possible, and gives people the confidence to make the most of it.
“As we celebrate reaching 5 million customers in the UK, we want to empower more people to do things they haven’t been able to before, and invite them into a club that’s open to all.”
*Revolut accounts are available to adults 18+, T&Cs apply. <18 accounts are available to kids 6-17, and require a parent/guardian to have an active account
Get in touch
For media queries get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
More from newsroom
Product & featureRevolut launches AI feature to protect customers from card scams and break the scammers "spell"
15 February 2024
Product & featureRevolut launches eSIM, a seamless way to avoid unexpected roaming charges
12 February 2024
CorporateRevolut data reveals Meta platforms remain ‘hotbed’ for scams; warns customers to avoid get-rich-quick “investment opportunities”
8 February 2024