What is an API key and where can I find it?
An API key is a string of characters that is used to connect your merchant account with your website or plugins. You must have an active Merchant account to use this feature. You do not need an API key if you just want to use payment requests or invoices.
To locate your API key:
- Log in to your Revolut Business portal.
- In the top left corner, click your account name, then click Merchant API.
- Under the Production API Key section you will find the API key.
- Click "Generate" button to create your unique API key (only if it is your first time using the API key).
You can also use this link to directly open the Merchant API page.
For guidance please refer to Merchant API manual.
- Who can apply for a Merchant Account?
- How do I apply for a Merchant Account?
- How many merchant accounts do I need?
- What is a linked business account to a Merchant account?
- Where can I find the T&Cs for my Merchant Account?
- How can I allow my team member to access the Merchant tab in Revolut Business?
- Can I close my Merchant Account?
- Can I link multiple websites to one merchant account?
- How can I update my website in merchant account?