Revolut x Kinguin
Revolut x Kinguin Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Kinguin Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering new customers residing in Germany, Spain, Poland, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands or Italy the opportunity to receive:
- 2 months of the Premium subscription plan for free (the “Free Trial”); and
- 100% cashback on all physical or virtual Revolut card payments you make on Kinguin, subject to a maximum cap amount of 20€ (or the currency equivalent depending on the base currency of your main Revolut Personal account*). The Cashback Offer will apply for a period of 4 weeks from when your Revolut Personal account is opened (the “Cashback Period”).
*Local equivalents for cashback:
- GBP 20
- EUR 20
- PLN 100
The Promotion will run from the 25th of May 2023 00:00 UTC to the 25th of August 2023 23:59 UTC (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms and conditions (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Germany, Spain, Poland, France, United Kingdom Netherlands, Italy; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Kinguin about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed by Kinguin so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion.
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Kinguin’s marketing of this Promotion will direct you to a unique landing pay created for this Promotion - this will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in Germany, Spain, Poland, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands or Italy with no restrictions on your account) before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must successfully complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial and the Cashback Offer.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”.
As a new Revolut user, in order to start your Free Trial you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Free Trial within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. Details of the subscription plan including these Promotion Terms will be made available to you on the Revolut website before you sign up for a Revolut Personal account. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the relevant subscription plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium plan during the entire duration of Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply as set out in Plus, Premium and Metal terms.
You also have the right to withdraw from the Revolut Personal account within the first 14 days of opening a Revolut account by letting us know through the Revolut app or by emailing us at email@example.com. You have a right to withdraw without paying any penalties and without having to indicate any reason. In case of withdrawal from the agreement we will return any remaining balance to you. If you have already subscribed to the Premium plan by withdrawing from the Personal account you will also withdraw from the Premium plan. Also, you have the right to withdraw from the Premium plan without withdrawing from the Revolut Personal account. In both cases you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee, if you ordered a card before withdrawing. You may also have to pay back the card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you withdraw from the Premium plan within your Free Trial. This is to cover our costs. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery. To find out about your right of withdrawal you can also refer to the Revolut Personal Terms and the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium plan (unless you tell us otherwise during Free Trial) and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (the cooling-off period will no longer apply). Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your Premium plan either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium plan at any time after the Free Trial. However, fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I get my cashback?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period, you will also be able to receive the Cashback Offer, which is 100% cashback on the purchases made on Kinguin using your Revolut card as a payment method. The Cashback Offer is subject to a maximum cap of 20€ (or the currency equivalent). To earn your cashback, you’ll need to follow the below steps:
- top up your new Revolut Personal account;
- add your Revolut card to your Kinguin profile by clicking on the “Payments Settings”;
- browse the catalogue available on Kinguin and click “Buy now” when you find an item you’d like to purchase’ ;
- select Revolut as your payment method and click “Pay”.
The Cashback Offer applies on all physical or virtual Revolut card payments made on Kinguin during the Cashback Period. This means, for example, if your Revolut Personal Account is opened on 25 May 2023, the Cashback Offer will apply for a period of 4 weeks starting from 25 May 2023. We’ll credit the cashback to your Revolut personal account within 7 days of each completed virtual or physical Revolut card payment you make on Kinguin, subject to these Promotion Terms. If you make a virtual or physical Revolut card payment within the Cashback Period but it is reverted or you seek a refund, you will not be entitled to cashback and if we’ve already credited your account with cashback, we reserve the right to reverse that cashback. In the latter case, we will consider the reversal of any cashback transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
What other legal information should I know?
- For customers residing in the United Kingdom, this Promotion is offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For customers residing in Germany, Spain, Poland, France, Netherlands, and Italy this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania;
- For customers of the Revolut Bank UAB French branch, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in France whose registered office is at 3 Rue de Stockholm, Patchwork Saint Lazare 75008 Paris, France.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Revolut Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can suspend, end or cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time by notifying you in the same way we notified you about the launch of the promotion. If we suspend or end this Promotion, we will remove these Promotion Terms from our website. If we change the Promotion Terms, we will make the updated terms available on our website and notify you about this in the same way. Any change to the Promotion Terms (including the suspension or termination of the Promotion) does not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion (unless required by any applicable law).
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We reserve the right to reverse any Cashback Offer you receive during the Promotion Period if you earned the Cashback Offer fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the Cashback Offer, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any Cashback Offer to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If you close your Revolut Personal account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any Cashback Offer or between the time of qualifying for the Cashback Offer and receiving the Cashback Offer that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to that Cashback Offer.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Cashback Offer as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- For customers residing in the United Kingdom, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England or Wales.
- For customers of Revolut Bank UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside.
- For customers of Revolut Bank UAB French branch, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in France (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).