Crypto Card Cashback Promotion
Crypto Card Cashback Promotion
What is the Promotion about?
Revolut will reward users who use their cryptocurrency balance to pay for everyday spending on their Revolut Card with a crypto cashback (the “Promotion”).
Any eligible user who has opted in to the ‘spend from crypto balance’ feature will receive a crypto cashback equivalent to 1% of the value of their transaction (“Crypto Cashback”).
This Promotion will run from Thursday 27 October 2022 until we decide to terminate it. We call this the “Promotion Period”. We may decide to terminate this promotion for any reason and we do not have to provide advance notice. You must meet all the criteria during the Promotion Period. If you do not, or if you partially meet the criteria during the Promotion Period, you will not receive a Crypto Cashback.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account and the Cryptocurrency terms at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion you must:
- be a Revolut user in the United Kingdom; and
- have signed up to our crypto services and hold a crypto balance on your Revolut account.
By “Revolut user” we mean someone who has completed our signup process, passed our onboarding checks, and has not had their account suspended, closed or restricted. If you are not already a Revolut user, you can sign up as a user and complete the additional steps before the end of the Promotion Period in order to become eligible. It is free to sign up to our Standard plan.
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- you must select ‘spend from crypto balance’ for one of your Revolut cards;
- you must make transactions using your Revolut card; and
- you must hold sufficient crypto balance on your account in order to pay for those transactions.
What do you need to do to earn the Crypto Cashback?
You will start earning Crypto Cashback once you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?”.
As long as you hold sufficient crypto balance on your Revolut account to pay for your transactions, you will receive a Crypto Cashback directly into your Revolut account for each completed transaction (meaning that the merchant has received the money).
You will receive your Crypto Cashback in the same cryptocurrency as the one that we used to pay for your transaction. You can change this cryptocurrency in your card settings.
We can't give you cashback when doing so would break any law or regulation or if the payment you make with your Revolut card is just to another account or payment card (such as another e-wallet, a bank account or a card account).
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- We may, at our sole discretion, cancel this Promotion, and/or suspend, terminate or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to change the amount of Crypto Cashback you may receive under this Promotion at any time without notice.
- We may refuse your instruction or any transaction if we have good reason to suspect that it was for illegal purposes (for example, to commit fraud).
- If you request a refund from the merchant or your transaction is reversed, we may recoup all or part of the Crypto Cashback.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any Crypto Cashback or between the time of qualifying for the Crypto Cashback and receiving the Crypto Cashback that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to the Crypto Cashback.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render the awarding of the Crypto Cashback impossible. Accordingly, Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- The Crypto Cashback will be paid directly to the Revolut user’s crypto account balance once the transaction completes (this often can take a day or two depending on the type of transaction).
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the English version can be used in legal proceedings.
- To be eligible for a Crypto Cashback, you must comply with these Promotion Terms and any other terms and conditions which apply to your account as well as the Cryptocurrency terms. If you do not, we can refuse to pay, or reverse, the cashback.
- To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.