Transfers to/from the United States
To transfer funds to a bank account in the United States, you'll need the beneficiary's account number and ACH number (routing number) or BIC code if sending money in other currency than USD. Such payments are SWIFT transfers, but IBAN is not required. There is no maximum limit for transactions to the United States and transfer could take up to 5 working days to be received.
Using their ABA number is more likely to fail, so we don't recommend it. Failed transfers will incur a processing fee by an intermediary bank.
To receive a transfer from United States, provide the sender with your account details. Local USD account details are provided to businesses registered in the US only, if your account is registered elsewhere — you should provide the sender with your IBAN and BIC/SWIFT code.
Transfers in USD currency are always free and don't count towards your plan allowance.
- Transfer fees
- How long do transfers take?
- How can I download my transfer confirmation or MT103?
- Where can I find my account details?
- Does Revolut Business accept cash or receipt deposits?
- What is Revolut’s address?
- How to edit counterparty details?
- Local account details
- Local VS International transfers
- Multi-currency IBAN
- What are SEPA Instant transfers?