How do I open a trading account?
To open a trading account, you'll need to first open a Revolut account, verify your identity and meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid National Identifier number
- Have at least the 7.3 version of the Revolut app
You can submit an application in the Stocks hub by clicking on 'Get Started'. Within 48 hours, we'll update you when your Trading account is ready to use or if we need some more information from you.
Trading accounts are available on all Revolut plans.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?