I’ve deposited money into my Savings Vault – why isn’t it earning interest yet?
You begin receiving interest when your money arrives with the partner bank. However, your money may not arrive with the partner bank immediately.
For example, when you top-up your Revolut account using a debit/credit card, although you see the top-up in your Revolut account straight away, this does not mean the money has actually arrived with us. It can actually take up to five working days for us to receive a card top-up. The reason you are able to spend the top-up straight away is because Revolut “pre-funds” it for you. However, we don’t pre-fund Savings Vaults, meaning that your deposit will only be sent to the bank after it actually arrives with us.
Using Savings Vaults
- How do I add money to a Savings Vault?
- How do I withdraw money from my Savings Vault?
- How do I close a Savings Vault?
- Can I create a Savings Vault for a group?
- Can I convert an existing Personal Vault into a Savings Vault?
- Where can I find the terms & conditions for my Savings Vaults?
- Can I have a GBPSavings Vault and Personal Vault with no interest at the same time?
- Revolut is offering new savings rates through a new partner bank, how can my Savings Vault benefit from these?
- I already have an existing Savings Vault, can I open another to benefit from the new rate?
- How can I compare our Savings Vault offerings?