What is a TIN (Tax Identification Number)?
Your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identifying number used for tax reporting purposes. Revolut is required to collect this information when you sign up to our app in order to comply with financial regulations. Country examples of TIN include:
Most popular countries:
- France: Numéro Fiscal de Référence (NIF);
- Ireland: Personal Public Service Number (PPS);
- Italy: Codice Fiscale (CF);
- Poland: Numer Identyfikacji Podatkowej albo Powszechny Elektroniczny System Ewidencji Ludnosci (NIP / PESEL);
- Portugal: Número de Identificação Fiscal (NIF);
- Romania: Cod Numeric Personal sau Codul de identificare fiscală (CNP / CIF);
- Spain: Documento Nacional de Identidad / Numero de Identidad de Extranjero (DNI / NIE);
- United States: Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number (SSN or ITIN);
- United Kingdom: National Insurance Number (NI).
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?
- How do I add money to my Revolut account with another card?
- What cards and currencies are supported?
- Can I add money via Credit Card?
- Will I be charged for adding money by card?
- Are there any card deposit limits?
- My card deposit failed
- Why is my card deposit pending?
- Why has my card deposit been reverted?
- My top-up by card failed but I was charged for it
- Why was I charged a fee for my card deposit?
- Verifying my deposit card