- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- Confirmation of Payee
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
I suspect that my card is blocked
If you're having issues with your card payments, check if your card is active in your app. To do it:
- Go to the Cards section
- Tap on the card you're having trouble with
- If you can see the option to unfreeze the card above the transactions' list, it means that the card was blocked. You can easily activate it in the same section of the app by tapping on 'Unfreeze'.
Why was my card blocked?
Sometimes, your card might be blocked because our automated security system has detected a transaction that could be fraudulent.
If this happens, you should get a notification with the request to review the payment which caused your card to be blocked and activate or terminate the card, depending on if you recognise the payment or not. If your card is blocked by our security system, you can activate it in the 'Cards' section.
Check more info on our security system in Payment declined by security system FAQ.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission