- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- Confirmation of Payee
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Need help with CHF transfers?
What types of transfers can I use to send CHF?
There are three different transfer types: transfers to a Revolut customer, card transfers, and bank transfers.
Note that sending money to cards is only available to selected users at the moment. Stay tuned!
Who can I send CHF to?
You can send CHF to a beneficiary who has a bank account from Switzerland or Liechtenstein. You can also send CHF to beneficiaries outside of Switzerland or Liechtenstein at a higher fee.
What information do I need about my beneficiary?
To make a transfer to any Revolut customer, you’ll need their phone number or Revtag.
To make an international bank transfer, you’ll typically need the beneficiary’s full name and their IBAN number. The IBAN is usually 21 characters long, starting with CH.
To send money to a card, all you need is the card number and the cardholder’s full name.
How much can I send?
For most currencies, there are no transfer amount limits. Certain currencies might have limits set by our payments partners, which we’re unable to disclose due to compliance reasons.
If you’re making a transfer to a card, transfers to Visa cards are limited to $2,500 (or currency equivalent) per transaction while transfers to Mastercard cards are limited to $5,000 (or currency equivalent) per transaction.
Please be aware that the way we process bank transfers can change depending on the amount. This means that arrival times, intermediary fees charged by other banks and descriptions your beneficiary might see on their statement can differ. We provide more information on this when you make a transfer in the app.
How long does it usually take for the money to arrive?
- Transfers to bank accounts
CHF transfers to a bank account domiciled in Switzerland or Liechtenstein typically take a few seconds, but can take up to two working days if the beneficiary bank doesn’t support instant payments.
- Transfers to cards
Transfers to cards typically take a few minutes but can take up to 30 minutes.
You can use our calculator to preview rates and expected transfer times for a Standard Revolut customer.
- I did not receive a tracking number for my delivery
- Why is my card not posted yet?
- Where can I get my card delivered to?
- My physical card is not working
- My disposable virtual card is not working
- My contactless card payment is not working
- I have exceeded all my PIN attempts!
- I want to change my card PIN
- What to do if my card was lost or stolen?
- My card has been compromised
- My card has been swallowed by an ATM
- My Revolut card is due to expire – what should I do?
- I've found my 'lost' card – how can I re-link it?
- What is Smart Card Updates?
- I would like a refund for my card