How does Revolut Device Insurance work?
If you already have device insurance, you can find your policy details in the 'Hub' tab, under Insurance. You also should have received a confirmation e-mail with your policy once you have activated the insurance.
From November 2021, device insurance is no longer available for purchase in-app. Any active policies will run as usual until the policy end date.
This update has no impact on claims - you can still claim for damage as long as it happened within the policy period, but it's not possible to make a claim against a device policy that is no longer active.
- What makes Revolut travel insurance different?
- Are cruises covered?
- Am I eligible for Revolut travel insurance?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- Am I covered for Covid-19?
- Finding Conditions for beneficiaries and other details of my travel insurance coverage
- Who is Revolut's travel insurance provider?
- Can my companion be covered by the travel insurance?
- What is the maximum trip duration covered by Revolut travel insurance?
- What is the excess for medical claims?
- What does 'incidental basis' mean in the Terms & Conditions of my travel insurance?
- Embedded Travel Insurance (Premium & Metal Customers)
- Do the changes to Premium and Metal subscribers impact me
- Can I add winter sports cover?
- I’m abroad and I’m not feeling well, what should I do?
- I saw a doctor but wasn't admitted to hospital, can I claim back these costs?
- Do I need to submit or declare any pre-existing conditions?
- Do I need to tell you when I go away on holiday?
- If I travel for longer than the maximum trip duration can I pay for extra cover?
- How do I make a complaint about Allianz?
- Does my insurance cover me for airport delays?
- How can I view my insurance policy documents?