Revolut x TIDAL Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x TIDAL Promotion (“the Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of TIDAL in the United States the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time (a “New Revolut Customer”) and receive:
- Three (3) months subscription to Revolut Premium plan, without being charged the monthly fee (the "Revolut Premium Trial");
- Three (3) months of the TIDAL HiFi Plus subscription plan at no additional cost to current HiFi subscription (the “TIDAL Subscription Offer”).
In order to receive the TIDAL Subscription Offer and the Revolut Premium Trial, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from TIDAL between 8 March 2023 2022 00:00 UTC and 8 June 2023 00:00 UTC (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
If you already have a TIDAL HiFi Plus subscription or Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion.
Revolut <18 accounts and Revolut Business accounts are not eligible for this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (with a valid US residential address);
- Either receive marketing directly from TIDAL about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in TIDAL’s app and/or on TIDAL’s website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (the “TIDAL Promotion Marketing”) and,
- Be a New Revolut Customer.
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the TIDAL Promotion Marketing - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) with no restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period); and
- To activate the Promotion, you must use either your Revolut virtual or physical card to make at least one (1) qualifying transaction of $1.00 USD or more using your new Revolut physical or virtual card before the end of the Promotion Period (each, a ”Qualifying Transaction”). A Qualifying Transaction must be a genuine purchase, as set forth in the Qualifying Transactions section below. Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical card to make a payment: you can easily generate a virtual Revolut card in the app and use it for this purpose. It doesn’t matter whether the Revolut transaction is with TIDAL or another merchant, as long as you make your one transaction of minimum $1.00 USD before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps before the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Revolut Premium Trial and the TIDAL Subscription Offer.
What terms apply to my new Revolut Account?
You may choose to sign up for any of Revolut’s prepaid card plans, which are each subject to
the Revolut Cardholder Terms. If you elect a paid subscription plan, make sure you remember
that our paid plans are all on 12-month terms whether you choose to pay monthly or annually.
You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a card
You can order a card directly in the app. In some cases, you may have to pay a card delivery
fee. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery for each
Revolut plan. Remember, you can use the virtual cards to qualify for this promotion.
How do I start my Revolut Premium Trial?
In order to start your Revolut Premium Trial, you will need to upgrade your Revolut account to a Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of successfully opening your Revolut account (and after you have completed all other steps to participate in the Promotion). As long as you do so before the 72 hour cutoff, your Revolut Premium Trial will start when you upgrade.
You may choose to sign up for any of Revolut’s prepaid card plans, which are each subject to the Revolut Cardholder Terms. Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Revolut Premium Trial subscription plan (see Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Premium Trial. We will not charge you the Premium monthly subscription fee for the period of time included in your Revolut Premium Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan, without the monthly fee, so you’re aware before you sign up.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Premium Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Premium Trial and not any longer.
If you ordered a card during your Revolut Premium Trial period and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Premium Trial period, you may be subject to cancellation or downgrade fees (this fee varies depending on where you live, but it will be shown in the Revolut App before you downgrade). If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
After the Revolut Premium Trial ends, you will remain on a Premium Plan unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (see Revolut’s Premium and Metal Terms). Our Premium plan has a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. Your Revolut Premium Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. After the Revolut Premium Trial ends, we’ll start taking payments for your Premium plan either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Premium Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Premium Trial ends.
How do I start my TIDAL Subscription Offer?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, you will be eligible for a TIDAL Subscription Offer.
Once you have completed these steps and the card payment has been completed, Revolut will send you a unique TIDAL code by email within 7 days. You will need to click “Claim Offer” in the email and you will be redirected to TIDAL’s website to redeem the voucher.
To redeem the TIDAL voucher:
- Go to “My Account” section on tidal.com (https://account.tidal.com/subscription) -> Manage Account
- Click on “Your Subscription” -> “Upgrade to HiFi Plus” and accept that the current invoice period will be halved
- On the main menu (left side) click on “Redeem” -> “Redeem voucher”
- Enter the voucher code. If voucher is used prior to upgrade, error will display
- 3 months of HiFi Plus at 50% discount will start at the beginning of the next payment cycle
After 90 days the regular TIDAL HiFi subscription applies unless you downgrade or unsubscribe. Go to https://my.tidal.com/ to manage the subscription.
The voucher can be redeemed only once and cannot be combined with other TIDAL offers.
TIDAL HiFi Plus renews at ($9.99 USD/month + applicable sales tax). Downgrade from TIDAL HiFi Plus to TIDAL HiFi, or cancel anytime at tidal.com.
To redeem the TIDAL Subscription Offer, you must make at least one (1) Qualifying Transaction, each of at least $1.00 USD or more, with your Revolut physical or virtual card before the end of the Promotion Period.
Qualifying Transactions exclude: Transactions under $1.00 USD, ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, gift cards, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments (such as Apple Pay Cash or Google Pay), currency exchange service providers, and loan payments or account funding made with your debit card are not eligible for this Promotion. In addition, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services such as Venmo® and PayPal™, who also provide P2P payments), gambling, cryptocurrency purchases, and securities transactions (including stock purchases) are not eligible for this Promotion.
If you make a Qualifying Transaction on your virtual or physical Revolut card within the Promotion Period but it is reverted or you seek a refund, you will not be entitled to the TIDAL Offer and if we’ve already credited your account with the TIDAL Offer, we reserve the right to reverse that credit. In the latter case, we will consider the reversal of any credit transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you.
Only one TIDAL Subscription Offer eligible New Revolut Customer.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Technologies Inc.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We agree to give you a Revolut Premium Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Revolut Premium Trial). After your Revolut Premium Trial period ends, billing and cancellation rules shall apply.
- Our Paid Plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually, and your Revolut Premium Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. This promotion will run from the day you are able to see the Revolut Premium Trial Promotion dashboard in your Revolut app until an end time and date of our choice. We will show you how long your Revolut Premium Trial will last for in the Revolut Premium Trial Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up. You cannot ask us to invite you to the promotion if you weren’t selected or ask us to extend it if you miss it.
- The applicable terms and conditions for the TIDAL account will apply to you during your TIDAL Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the TIDAL Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your TIDAL account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your TIDAL account. You must contact TIDAL directly in relation to this.
- TIDAL will send marketing to its existing customers in compliance with applicable data privacy and direct electronic marketing laws. If you do not want to receive marketing from TIDAL you must manage your marketing preferences with TIDAL directly as this is outside of Revolut’s remit.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to remove you from the Promotion, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted, the Revolut Premium Trial will be lost.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- Revolut USA Prepaid Visa® and Prepaid Mastercard® are issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. for Visa cards, and Mastercard International for Mastercard cards, and may be used everywhere Visa or Mastercard are accepted. Banking services are provided by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, and are subject to the terms of a Cardholder Agreement. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Revolut Technologies Inc. is a technology services provider and administrator of the card program. Travel insurance on Revolut’s paid plans is provided by Chubb Group. Cryptocurrency services provided directly by Apex Crypto LLC. Savings Vault services provided by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC. Securities products and services provided by Revolut Securities Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Securities products are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, are not bank deposits, are not obligations of or guaranteed by Metropolitan Commercial Bank and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The terms of this Promotion shall be governed by the Revolut Prepaid Visa and Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder Agreement, including the applicable law and Arbitration Provision.