Revolut 1% Cashback & Cashback Boost
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut 1% Cashback Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering 1% cashback on Qualifying Purchases made with either a physical Revolut card or a virtual Revolut card (the “Cashback Offer”), to select Revolut customers (“Eligible Customers”). Eligible Customers will be offered the Promotion in the Revolut mobile application and / or in an email sent to the email address associated with the customer’s Revolut account (collectively, the “Promotional Materials”).
In order to qualify for the Promotion and receive the Cashback Offer you must see the Promotion displayed within your Revolut mobile application, activate the Promotion offer prior to the end of the Promotion Period (as displayed in the Eligible Customer’s Revolut mobile application), and make Qualifying Purchases with your Revolut physical or virtual card during the Promotion Period. Only those Qualifying Purchases made after you have activated the Promotion and prior to the end of the Promotion Period will be eligible to earn cashback.
The end date of the Promotion Period is displayed in the Eligible Customer’s Revolut mobile application. Purchases that have been posted after the end of the Promotion Period are not eligible to earn cashback.
This Promotion is offered at Revolut’s sole discretion and only available to Eligible Customers. This Promotion is not available for Revolut Business accounts or Revolut <18 accounts.
These terms and conditions govern this Promotion (the “Promotion Terms”). Eligible Customers must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to their Revolut account in order to redeem the Cashback Offer.
1% Cashback Limits
Eligible Customers are only eligible to receive the 1% cashback on the first $1,000.00 USD spent on Qualifying Purchases, made with either a physical Revolut card or a virtual Revolut card, posted during a 24 hour period (the “Daily Limit”); a 24 hour period begins at 00:00 UTC and ends at 23:59 UTC. Purchases in excess of the $1,000.00 USD Daily Limit are not eligible for any cashback.
Cashback Boost Promotion
Certain Eligible Customers (as defined above) may be selected to participate in a Cashback Boost Promotion, which permits customers to earn 5% cashback on Qualifying Purchases (as defined above), of up to $1,600.00 USD made during the Boost Period (defined below) with either a physical Revolut card or a virtual Revolut card (the “Cashback Boost Offer”), for a maximum cashback amount of $80.00 USD during the Boost Period. Eligible Customers selected to participate in the Cashback Boost Promotion (“Cashback Boost Eligible Customers”) will be offered the Cashback Boost Promotion in the Revolut mobile application and / or in an email sent to the email address associated with the customer’s Revolut account (collectively, the “Cashback Boost Promotional Materials”). The Cashback Boost Promotion will be made available for a limited time and the end date will be displayed within the Cashback Boost Promotional Materials (the “Boost Period”).
In order to qualify for the Cashback Boost Promotion and receive the Cashback Boost Offer you must see the Cashback Boost Promotion displayed within your Revolut mobile application. If you previously activated the 1% Cashback Promotion, the Cashback Boost Promotion is active immediately upon receiving notification of the Cashback Boost Promotion displayed within your Revolut mobile application. In the event that you did not previously activate the 1% Cashback Promotion, you must go into the Revolut mobile application and activate the Cashback Boost Offer prior to the end of the Cashback Boost Promotion Period (as displayed in the Cashback Boost Eligible Customer’s Revolut mobile application).
Qualifying Purchases must be made with your Revolut physical or virtual card and post to your Revolut account prior to the end of the Boost Period. Only those Qualifying Purchases, up to $1,600.00 USD, made after the Cashback Boost Promotion was activated and prior to the end of the Boost Period will be eligible to earn the 5% cashback, for up to a maximum cashback amount of $80.00 USD during the Boost Period.
The end date of the Boost Period is displayed in the Cashback Boost Eligible Customer’s Revolut mobile application. Purchases that have been posted after the end of the Boost Period are not eligible to earn 5% cashback.
Customers participating in the Cashback Boost Promotion will not be eligible to redeem any other cashback promotion for the duration of the Boost Period.
Once the Boost Period has ended, your cashback offer will revert back to the 1% Cashback Promotion for the remainder of the Promotion Period, which will be displayed in the Promotional Materials in the Revolut app.
Cashback Boost Limits
Cashback Boost Eligible Customers are only eligible to receive the 5% cashback on $1,600.00 USD spent on Qualifying Purchases, made with either a physical Revolut card or a virtual Revolut card, that posted after the Cashback Boost Promotion was activated and prior to the end of the Boost Period (as displayed in the Cashback Boost Eligible Customer’s Revolut mobile application) for a maximum cashback amount of $80.00 USD (the “Boost Period Limit”). Purchases in excess of $1,600.00 USD made during the Cashback Boost Promotion Period are not eligible for any cashback.
What do I need to do to take part in the Cashback Promotion or Cashback Boost Promotion?
To be eligible for the Cashback Promotion or Cashback Boost Promotion, you must:
- Be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (with a valid US residential address); and
- Be a customer of Revolut, meaning you have successfully onboarded to Revolut and passed the Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks prior to activating the relevant Promotion.
You will also need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be offered the Cashback Promotion and / or Cashback Boost Promotion within the Rewards section of the Revolut mobile application or via the relevant Promotional Materials;
- Activate the Cashback Offer or Cashback Boost Offer through your Revolut mobile application before the end of the relevant promotion period (as set forth above in the offer on the Revolut mobile application);
- If you receive an email regarding the either Promotion, you should click through to activate the relevant Promotion within the mobile application;
- Ensure you are using the latest version of the Revolut mobile application; and,
- Use your Revolut virtual or physical card to make Qualifying Purchases during the relevant promotion period.
Remember: if you are not offered the Cashback Promotion or the Cashback Boost Promotion either within the Revolut mobile application or via email, you are not eligible to participate in the relevant Promotion.
The Cashback Promotion and the Cashback Boost Promotion cannot be combined with one another or any other active Revolut Cashback Promotions.
What terms apply to my Revolut Account?
Revolut’s prepaid card plans are each subject to the Revolut Cardholder Terms. If you elected a paid subscription plan, make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12-month terms whether you choose to pay monthly or annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a card
You can order a card directly in the app. In some cases, you may have to pay a card delivery fee. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery for each Revolut plan.
Virtual cards are available directly in the Revolut mobile application. Qualifying transactions made with Revolut virtual cards during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Cashback Offer.
The Cashback Offer and the Cashback Boost Offer apply on qualifying physical or virtual Revolut card purchases made during the Promotion Period.
Qualifying Purchases exclude: transactions that are less than $1.00 USD, ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, gift cards, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments (such as Apple Pay Cash or Google Pay), currency exchange service providers, and loan payments or account funding made with your debit card are not eligible for cash back rewards. In addition, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services such as Venmo® and PayPal™, who also provide P2P payments, cryptocurrency exchanges), gambling, cryptocurrency purchases, and securities transactions (including stock purchases) are not eligible for the Cashback Reward.
How do I get my cashback?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in the Cashback Promotion or Cashback Boost Promotion?” before the end of the relevant Promotion Period, you will be eligible to receive the Cashback Offer and/or the Cashback Boost Offer. Please refer to the Promotion in your Revolut app to confirm the percentage of cashback and the applicable limits that apply to you under this Promotion at any given time.
Cashback will be calculated based on the total amount of Qualifying Purchases made per Day or per Boost Period, with the maximum total amount of Qualifying Purchases not to exceed the Daily Limit or Boost Period Limit (as applicable). The Cashback amount (as applicable) will be calculated daily and rounded up to the nearest cent.
Cashback on Qualifying Purchases will be credited to your account once weekly, but could take up to forty-five (45) days in certain circumstances at Revolut’s discretion, subject to these Promotion Terms. Only those qualifying transactions that have posted may qualify for cashback. Pending transactions will not qualify for cashback until the transaction has been posted.
If you believe that you are owed cashback, please reach out to us via in-app chat within 60 days after receiving your statement. If it is determined that cashback is owed to you, we will credit any amounts due to you as soon as possible.
If you make Qualifying Purchases, but the same are subsequently reverted or you seek a refund, you will not be entitled to cashback on those Qualifying Purchases and if Revolut has already credited your account with cashback for those Qualifying Purchases, we reserve the right to reverse such cashback and we may remove you from, and otherwise terminate your eligibility with regard to the relevant Promotion if we (at our sole discretion) determine that you are abusing the Promotion. We will consider the reversal of any cashback credited to your account to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Technologies Inc.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to reverse any cashback you receive during the Promotion Period if the payment that earned the cashback is refunded to you, you earned the cashback fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the cashback, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any cashback transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render the awarding of cashback as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted between the time of qualifying for cashback and receiving cashback, then the cashback will be lost.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- Revolut USA Prepaid Visa® and Prepaid Mastercard® are issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. for Visa cards, and Mastercard International for Mastercard cards, and may be used everywhere Visa or Mastercard are accepted. Banking services are provided by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, and are subject to the terms of a Cardholder Agreement. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Revolut Technologies Inc. is a technology services provider and administrator of the card program. Travel insurance on Revolut’s paid plans is provided by Chubb Group. Cryptocurrency services provided directly by Apex Crypto LLC, NMLS ID 1828849. Savings Vault services provided by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC. Securities products and services provided by Revolut Securities Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Securities products are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, are not bank deposits, are not obligations of or guaranteed by Metropolitan Commercial Bank and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The terms of this Promotion shall be governed by the Revolut Prepaid Visa and Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder Agreement, including the applicable law and Arbitration Provision.