When can I trade?
For US stocks, the largest marketplaces are the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and NASDAQ (based in New York City) which have normal trading hours of 9:30a.m. to 4.00p.m (Eastern Standard Time) on business days, unless there's an early close due to a holiday.
Submitting an order within trading hours will be executed as a market order.
You can still place orders outside trading hours (Out-of-Hours), which will be queued for market order execution on the next trading day.
Limit and Stop Orders can be placed and queued at any time but will only be executed during market hours and when the conditions of the order are met.
Getting started with trading
- How do I open a trading account?
- What types of trading accounts are supported?
- Funding my investment account
- Why should I provide information about my income and occupation to trade?
- How do I submit documents?
- I am associated with another broker-dealer. Can I still open a trading account?
- I don't have an SSN, can I still open an account?