What is a fractional share?
A fractional share is just that: a fraction of a whole share. Companies issue whole units of stocks, called shares, which are then traded on the public market for investors to buy. If you buy a fractional share that means you’re buying a little piece of a company’s stock.
Yes, you can buy and sell fractional shares on the Revolut app – everyone should have access to investing.
Whereas a single share in a company might cost $1,000, fractional shares mean you can still invest in a company with $10 or $100.
You'll need to invest at least US$1. The minimum amount of shares you can buy is 0.00000001.
Please remember that when investing, your capital is at risk.
Please note that at the moment, you cannot submit fractional shares for Limit orders.
Getting started with trading
- How do I open a trading account?
- What types of trading accounts are supported?
- Funding my investment account
- Why should I provide information about my income and occupation to trade?
- How do I submit documents?
- I am associated with another broker-dealer. Can I still open a trading account?
- I don't have an SSN, can I still open an account?