A dividend is the distribution of a company's earnings to a class of its shareholders, as determined by the company's board of directors.
When you hold (full or partial) stocks of a company, you may receive dividends so long as you own the stock before the ex-dividend date.
Dividends may be paid out as cash or in the form of stocks.
Revolut automatically allocates and processes dividends into your account. You can see your cash dividend details, including any withholding tax, in your Investment transactions as 'Dividend'. We will notify you when dividends have landed in your account. If you received a stock dividend, your investment portfolio holding will be automatically updated with your new shares.
Getting started with trading
- How do I open a trading account?
- What types of trading accounts are supported?
- Funding my investment account
- Why should I provide information about my income and occupation to trade?
- How do I submit documents?
- I am associated with another broker-dealer. Can I still open a trading account?
- I don't have an SSN, can I still open an account?