Can I use leverage to trade?
At the moment, we don’t offer the possibility to trade with leverage.
Leveraged trading, also known as margin trading or trading on margin, allows you to buy stocks with a broker with a small amount of capital in order to take a larger position in the market, aka through borrowed funds.
For example, if you leveraged 10 to 1, $100 can expose you to the market with $1,000. Leverage trading is considered high risk as it amplifies both gains as well as losses.
Getting started with trading
- How do I open a trading account?
- What types of trading accounts are supported?
- Funding my investment account
- Why should I provide information about my income and occupation to trade?
- How do I submit documents?
- I am associated with another broker-dealer. Can I still open a trading account?
- I don't have an SSN, can I still open an account?