What foreign exchange rate will I get?
We use the real exchange rate for foreign exchange (FX) and for most currencies, don't add any markup to it, outside of a small markup on the weekends.
The “real” rate can mean different things (it has different names, like the “interbank” rate). Here at Revolut, the real exchange rate means the buy and sell rates we have determined based on the foreign exchange market data feeds that we get from a range of different independent sources.
The foreign exchange rate can be viewed here or on the Revolut app before exchanging currency or making a bank transfer involving foreign exchange.
You can also use our money transfer calculator to preview rates and expected transfer times for a Standard Revolut customer.
If you need to make a card payment or withdraw cash in a currency you can’t hold with Revolut, just pay or withdraw cash using your Revolut card. We'll automatically convert at the best available rate provided by financial exchanges.
When exchanging currencies with Revolut, fees may apply. Please check our fees page for your country and plan.
If any fees were charged on your exchange, you can see it by tapping on the transaction in your transactions list.
Budgeting and Analytics
- How can I control my spending with the budgeting feature?
- How can I create a budget?
- How can I edit a budget?
- How can I delete a budget?
- What is ‘Safe to Spend’ on my budget?
- How does the budgeting feature work?
- How does the Analytics feature work?
- How does the Analytics graph work?
- Setting your analytics cycle
- How can I see a spending breakdown by category?
- Managing Analytics categories
- What is Net worth in Analytics?