Decline reasons on Apple Pay and Google Pay
If you use your card for payments via Apple or Google Pay and your transaction is declined, we’ve prepared some of the most common reasons on why that might have happened.
If you just started using your card via Apple or Google Pay, your card payments might get declined in case card authorization was not successful. For example, if there are insufficient funds on the account, or if your card is blocked.
In case you used Apple or Google Pay before and your card has stopped responding – please check below the most common reasons for a declined payment with Apple/Google Pay:
- If you get a notification saying ‘Card suspended’: please remove and add the card again.
- Check in the app to see if your card isn’t terminated. If so, the card will no longer remain active in the Apple/Google Pay. You can create a new virtual card in-app, or chat to us, and we’ll reverse it for you.
- Please check if your card isn’t frozen in-app. If your card was frozen by our security system or by you, any payment with Apple/Google Pay will be declined, and the card will appear as suspended in Apple/Google Pay. Once you unfreeze the card, it’ll become active again.
You should make sure that your card wasn't frozen or terminated due to compromised card security. We don't advise you to use that card, and in this case you'll need to use a new card.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission