Why is my card payment pending?
A card payment is completed in two parts:
- At the time of purchase, we deduct the money from your available balance and hold onto it for the merchant (seller) to collect, creating a “pending” transaction.
- A few days later, the merchant collects the money and “completes” the payment.
We need to allow some time for merchants to “complete” a card payment. If a merchant does not collect the money within their timeframe (generally 8 to 16 days), we release the money back to your account.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission