I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
Sometimes, merchants can process their card payments in a way that will create a duplicate of your transaction. If this happens, the old one will expire after 8 to 16 days, and your balance will be returned automatically.
At times, a merchant isn't able to process the transaction at the time of the payment. If this happens, they can save the transaction and process it later, so the transaction will only be reflected in your app a few days later.
When you receive one of these transactions, try to recall if you made payment to this merchant before. If you did, check the status of the initial transaction to see if it's pending or reverted. It's possible that the merchant re-processed the transaction to recover the funds, since the original transaction hasn't been successful.
If the transaction has been posted more than once, please chat to us to dispute the transaction. An investigation will be completed, and you will be provided with the results as soon as possible.
You may find more information about delayed transactions in What is a delayed transaction FAQ.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission