Please scroll down to read the terms and conditions for all live promotions.
Revolut x Kiwi.com Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Kiwi.com Promotion (“the Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of Kiwi.com in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovakia, Hungary the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- 3 months of the Premium subscription plan for free (the “Free Trial”) and
- A Cashback Offer - cashback up to your purchase amount but not more than:
- €25 if you are a resident in Germany, Spain, France or Italy; or
- €20 if you are a resident in Portugal or Slovakia; or
- zł 90 if you are a resident in Poland; or
- lei 100 if you are a resident in Romania; or
- Kč 500 if you are a resident in Czech Republic; or
- HUF 7300 if you are a resident in Hungary;
on all physical or virtual Revolut card payments made on Kiwi.com. The Cashback Offer will apply for a period of 90 days from when your Revolut Personal Account is opened (the “Cashback Period”).
In order to receive the Free Trial and the Cashback Offer you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Kiwi.com between February 3rd 2022 and April 30th 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
Ordinarily, only Revolut Personal users on the Metal plan receive cashback for purchases made using their physical or virtual card (this is set out in the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) but this Promotion allows eligible users to receive cashback for spend on Kiwi.com during the Cashback Period as long as they make the card payments using their Revolut card.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Be a resident at a residential address in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovakia or Hungary; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Kiwi.com about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed on Kiwi.com and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive an email from Kiwi.com if you have already provided your personal data to Kiwi.com and have agreed to Kiwi.com sending marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the banner/email from Kiwi.com - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account and will be offered the Free Trial;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period. If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) with a registered address in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovakia or Hungary with no restrictions on your account before 23.59 GMT on April 30th 2022.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial and the Cashback Offer.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to Premium until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan. If you order a card during your Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
You have the right to cancel your selected subscription within the Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a Premium card
If you cancel your new subscription within the cooling off period but have ordered a Premium card, you’ll have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. You may also have to pay a card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription within your cooling off period. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
How do I get my cashback?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period, you will be able to receive the Cashback Offer, which is cashback up to your purchase amount but not more than (i) €25 cashback if you are a resident in Germany, France, Spain or Italy; (ii) €20 if you are a resident in Portugal or Slovakia; or (iii) zł 90 if you are a resident in Poland; or (iv) lei 100 if you are a resident in Romania; or (v) Kč 500 if you are a resident in Czech Republic; or (vi) HUF 7300 if you are a resident in Hungary . The Cashback Offer applies on all physical or virtual Revolut card payments made on Kiwi.com during the Cashback Period. This means, for example, if your Revolut Personal Account is opened on 30th April 2022, the Cashback Offer will apply for a period of 90 days from 30th April 2022. We’ll credit the cashback to your account within 7 days of each completed virtual or physical Revolut card payment you make on Kiwi.com, subject to these Promotion Terms. If you make a virtual or physical Revolut card payment within the Cashback Period but it is reverted or you seek a refund, you will not be entitled to cashback and if we’ve already credited your account with cashback, we reserve the right to reverse that cashback. In the latter case, we will consider the reversal of any cashback transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Payments UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or -annually, and your Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We reserve the right to reverse any cashback reward you receive during the Promotion Period if the payment that earned the cashback reward is refunded to you, you earned the cashback fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the cashback reward, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any cashback reward transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any cashback reward that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to that cashback reward.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of cashback reward as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted between the time of qualifying for cashback and receiving cashback, then the cashback will be lost.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live.Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).