Revolut x TIDAL Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x TIDAL Promotion (“the Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of TIDAL in the UK and any market in the EEA where Revolut BUAB provides services to customers, except for Cyprus, Latvia, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and Malta (the “Eligible EEA Markets”) the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- Three (3) months of the Revolut Premium plan with no monthly subscription fee (the "Revolut Free Trial");
- Three (3) months of the TIDAL HiFi Plus subscription plan with a 50% discount (the “TIDAL Subscription Offer”).
In order to receive the TIDAL Subscription Offer and the Revolut Free Trial, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from TIDAL between 08 March 2022 00:00 UTC and 08 June 2023 00:00 UTC (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion. You will also need to complete the steps listed in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
- Live at a residential address in the UK or in one of the Eligible EEA Markets.
- Be a new Revolut customer (this means that you must not currently hold a Revolut Personal account or have held a Personal account with any Revolut group company in the past; and
- Either receive marketing directly from TIDAL about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in TIDAL’s app, website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (the “TIDAL Promotion Marketing”).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the TIDAL Promotion Marketing - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account and you will be offered the Revolut Free Trial.
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks.
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in the UK or in the Eligible EEA Markets with no restrictions on your account, and it must be your first time holding a Revolut Personal account).
- Make at least one card payment of at least £1 or €1 value (or currency equivalent).
- The card payment must be a genuine purchase. A genuine purchase of goods and services means a purchase where you genuinely intend to consume the goods and services (for example, a cash like purchase, or a purchase you intend to sell for cash, is excluded) and actually to consume (for example, returns, refunds and onselling is excluded). Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical card to make a payment: you can easily generate a virtual Revolut card in the app and use it for this purpose. It doesn’t matter whether your first Revolut card payment is with TIDAL or another merchant, as long as you make your first card payment transaction by the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps before the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Revolut Free Trial and the TIDAL Subscription Offer. To start your Revolut Free Trial and the TIDAL Upgrade Offer, you’ll need to complete the steps set out in “How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?” and “How do I start my TIDAL Subscription Offer?” sections of these Terms.
How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?
You can start your Revolut Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. If you decide not to upgrade, you will remain on the Standard plan which does not have a subscription fee. You can close your Revolut Personal account at any time (see the “How do I close my account?” section of the Personal Terms that apply to your account for more information). You will still have to pay any charges you’ve run up (for example, if you’ve asked for an extra Revolut card)).
If you’re interested in starting your Revolut Free Trial, you will need to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan in the app within 72 hours after your Revolut Personal account is successfully opened and after you have completed all other steps to participate in the Promotion, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the Premium plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Revolut Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Revolut Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut app how long you’ll receive your selected Premium plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Promotion Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Free Trial.
If you order a card during your Revolut Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Revolut Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium plan unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans all have 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for your Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I start my TIDAL Subscription Offer?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, you will be eligible for a TIDAL Subscription Offer.
Once you have completed these steps and the card payments have been completed, Revolut will send you a unique TIDAL voucher code by email within 7 calendar days. You will need to click “Claim offer” in the email and you will be redirected to TIDAL’s website.
To redeem the voucher:
- Go to the “My Account” section on Tidal’s website at tidal.com and click “Manage Account”.
- Click on “Your Subscription” → “Upgrade to HiFi Plus” and accept that the current invoice period will be halved.
- On the left side of the main menu click on “Redeem” → > “Redeem voucher”.
- Enter the voucher code that you received via email. If the voucher is used prior to upgrade, error will display.
- You will then have access to 3 months (90 calendar days) of HiFi Plus with a 50% discount on the price (see the TIDAL HiFi Plus localised renewal costs below) fromt he beginning of the next payment cycle.
The voucher can be redeemed only once and cannot be combined with other TIDAL offers. Please note that the voucher is only valid until 31st December 2023.
After 90 days, your TIDAL HiFi Plus subscription will continue to apply at the cost set out below (you’ll no longer have access to the 50% discount). You can downgrade your subscription to TIDAL HiFi anytime during the Free Trial and you can manage your subscription on the TIDAL website.
TIDAL HiFi Plus renews at £X per month (see below).
TIDAL HiFi Plus localised renewal costs:
What other legal information should I know? For customers based in the United Kingdom, this Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For customers based in the Eligible EEA Markets, this Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- We may cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time. If we change these Promotion Terms or cancel this Promotion, we will announce the change or cancellation in the same way we announced this Promotion. We will also publish the updated version of these Promotion Terms on our website. Any changes to the Promotions Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you the Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Revolut Free Trial). After your Revolut Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of a Revolut Free Trial as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- The applicable terms and conditions for the TIDAL account will apply to you during your TIDAL Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the TIDAL Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your TIDAL account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your TIDAL account. You must contact TIDAL directly in relation to this.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- For customers of Revolut Ltd, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- For customers of Revolut Bank UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).