What is the Promotion about?
As part of the In Person Payments Cash Award Promotion (the “Promotion”), new customers are offered the opportunity to sign up for a Revolut Personal account for the first time and receive a cash reward, up to 100% of the value of their Revolut card transaction, with a €15 or £15 or currency equivalent cap (the “Cash Award”).
The Promotion is available to new customers in England, Scotland or Wales, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia (the “Eligible Markets”).
In order to receive the Cash Award, you must sign up for a Revolut Personal account for the first time, either through a unique link or by scanning a QR code provided by one of our Merchant Partners. Our Merchant Partners use the Revolut POS, Revolut Card Reader or Tap to Pay on iPhone as part of their services (the “Merchant Partners”). The Promotion will run from 00:00 UTC 24 November 2023 to 31 March 2024 00:00 UTC (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms and conditions (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to the Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in the Promotion.
Who is eligible for this Promotion?
To be eligible for the Promotion, you must:
- not already have an active Revolut Personal account or have previously held a Revolut Personal account with any Revolut group entity;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- live at a residential address in an Eligible Market; and
- either receive marketing directly from Revolut about the Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in any of our Merchant Partners’ physical stores so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
You will need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link or scan the QR Code relevant to the Promotion, as that is provided by the Merchant Partners. This link or the QR code will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. On the Revolut website, you will be able to see important details in relation to the Promotion including the Promotion Terms, Promotion Period and the details of the Cash Award. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and successfully complete our onboarding and Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks with an active account before the end of the Promotion Period; and
- Top up your Revolut Personal account and use your balance to make a successful card transaction of a value that is more than €1 (or currency equivalent).
Currency equivalents of €1:
- 1 GBP (British pound);
- 2 BGN (Bulgarian Lev);
- 25 CZK (Czech Koruna);
- 4 PLN (Polish Zloty);
- 5 RON (Romanian Leu);
- 7 DKK (Danish Krone);
- 11 SEK (Swedish Krona);
- 379 HUF (Hungarian Forint).
You must successfully complete all of the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Cash Award.
How do I get my Cash Award?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?”, after you make your first completed virtual or physical Revolut card transaction, the Cash Award will be credited to your Revolut Personal account. The Cash Award will match the value of your completed virtual or physical transaction up to a maximum of €15 or currency equivalent. The first Revolut card transaction can be of any value above €1 or currency equivalent and can be made to any merchant. You will need to make your first Revolut card transaction before the end of the Promotion Period to receive the Cash Award. We’ll credit your Revolut Personal account with the Cash Award within 7 business days of the first card transaction being completed.
Currency equivalents of €15:
- 15 GBP (British pound);
- 29 BGN (Bulgarian Lev);
- 368 CZK (Czech Koruna);
- 65 PLN (Polish Zloty);
- 75 RON (Romanian Leu);
- 112 DKK (Danish Krone);
- 172 SEK (Swedish Krona);
- 5690 HUF (Hungarian Forint).
What other legal information should I know?
- We may change, suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. If we need to change, suspend or end the Promotion before the Promotion Period ends, we’ll give you notice through the Revolut app and/or email. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion
- We reserve the right to reverse the Cash Award during the Promotion Period if the payment that earned the Cash Award is refunded to you, you earned the Cash Award fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account in order to get the Cash Award, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any Cash Award to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If you close your Revolut Personal account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with the Cash Award or between the time of qualifying for the Cash Award and receiving the Cash Award that you were entitled to under the Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to the Cash Award.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Cash Award as part of the Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings. If, however, by law the local language should be used, the local language shall prevail.
- This Promotion is organised and offered to you by the Revolut group entities that provide you with your Personal account. If you have a complaint about this Promotion, you can raise it directly with them. Please see below for the registered addresses of each Revolut group entity and the relevant laws and courts that have jurisdiction to determine any dispute you may have in relation to this Promotion. You can rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the country where you live.
Revolut group entity/branch
The law that applies to these Promotion Terms
Which courts have jurisdiction
Revolut Bank UAB
Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania
The courts of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).
Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in the Netherlands
Barbara Strozzilaan 201, 1083HN Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The competent courts of the Netherlands.
7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD
The courts of England and Wales.