- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
What is SEPA instant?
SEPA Instant allows you to send and receive Euro transfers in the SEPA region within a few seconds at any time (that includes weekends and holidays)! Your Revolut Euro account supports SEPA Instant at no additional cost!
While this feature is becoming increasingly popular, not all European banks support it yet. To check if a bank is a participant of the SEPA Instant Scheme, please visit this page. Below the list there’s a downloadable link of current participants. This is an official website of the SEPA Instant Scheme that dynamically updates the list of its participants.
Some accounts may not be set up to accept SEPA Instant transfers despite the bank they belong to being on the list of participants. If your SEPA Instant transfer to such an account fails, we will automatically process the onwards EUR transfer to your recipient as a regular SEPA Credit Transfer, which may take up to 2 working days.
We recommend checking with your bank to see if they charge you or your recipient for sending or receiving domestic/cross-border SEPA Instant transfers.
- I did not receive a tracking number for my delivery
- Why is my card not posted yet?
- Where can I get my card delivered to?
- My physical card is not working
- My disposable virtual card is not working
- My contactless card payment is not working
- I have exceeded all my PIN attempts!
- I want to change my card PIN
- What to do if my card was lost or stolen?
- My card has been compromised
- My card has been swallowed by an ATM
- My Revolut card is due to expire – what should I do?
- I've found my 'lost' card – how can I re-link it?
- What is Smart Card Updates?
- I would like a refund for my card