How can we help?
How do we hold Precious Metals?
Precious Metals are held in a single account in Revolut’s name, with our trusted services partner. So when you 'purchase gold' you are actually obtaining 'exposure' to what is held in Revolut’s Precious Metals account.
What difference does it make for me?
It means you don't literally 'own' the gold – instead, the value of your 'exposure' goes up and down as the value of the gold does. For investment purposes, then, it's pretty much as if you do own the precious metals, but you can’t send your gold or silver externally outside your Revolut Account or have the physical gold or silver delivered to you. It also means that if Revolut were ever to become insolvent, Revolut will sell all Precious Metals it holds on your behalf and credit your e-money account with the corresponding amount in fiat currency.
Getting started with Precious Metals
- Which Precious Metals are supported?
- How much does Precious Metals exposure cost and how is it calculated?
- Converting to and from Precious Metals
- Sourcing and measurement of Precious Metals
- What can I do with my Precious Metals position?
- Why has my Commodities Buy order failed?
- Why has my Commodities Sell order failed?