How can we help?
Will my Revolut travel insurance cover my medical expenses if I test positive for COVID-19 – for example, costs relating to hospitalisation or quarantine?
From 1 July 2022, COVID-19 and pandemic coverage is included in Premium and Metal travel insurance policies. It applies to trips you make from Singapore from this date onwards. It doesn't apply to any trips you made before 1 July 2022.
If you catch COVID-19 whilst you're overseas, we'll reimburse any 'reasonable and customary costs' relating to emergency medical care up to the amount shown in your coverage summary. If you're admitted to the hospital as an inpatient, we may be able to guarantee or advance payments up to the amount shown in your coverage summary.
We'll reimburse you for any medically necessary COVID-19 treatment you need whilst you're overseas. This includes Antigen Rapid Test (ART) self-test kits. ART tests need to be prescribed by a doctor, and you should only get as many as you need to monitor your recovery.
We don't cover:
- medical expenses that aren't considered necessary by a medical professional,
- COVID-19 tests that you have to take in order to travel in the first place – for example, pre-departure and post-arrival tests,
- more ART self-test kits purchased than you need to monitor your recovery.
You can check your insurance policy in-app, by clicking on Insurance under the Hub and going to ‘All documents'.
- What makes Revolut travel insurance different?
- Are cruises covered?
- Am I eligible for Revolut travel insurance?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- Who is Revolut's travel insurance provider?
- Can my companion be covered by the travel insurance?
- What is the maximum trip duration covered by Revolut travel insurance?
- What is the excess for medical claims?
- Are all countries covered under the travel insurance?
- Does my travel insurance cover emergency medical expenses due to Coronavirus?
- How do I activate my travel insurance?
- If my trip is disrupted because I catch COVID-19, will that be covered under my Revolut travel insurance?
- If I'm hospitalised overseas due to COVID-19 and this extends my trip beyond 90 days, will my medical care still be covered by my Revolut travel insurance?
- Will my Revolut travel insurance cover my medical expenses if I test positive for COVID-19 – for example, costs relating to hospitalisation or quarantine?
- How do I qualify for Revolut’s COVID-19 and pandemic travel insurance? Do I get coverage if I upgrade my plan to Premium or Metal on the same day that I’m travelling?
- If my trip starts in June 2022 and ends in July 2022, will I qualify for the pandemic and COVID-19 coverage?
- How can I view my insurance policy documents?
- I’m abroad and I need medical assistance, what should I do?