Which local account details are available for me?
Give the following details to family and friends when they need to send you payments using local payment networks or SWIFT.
All customers registered within the EU and the UK have access to:
- GBP local accounts (sort code and account number)
- EUR local accounts (LT IBAN for domestic transfers within the EU)
- SWIFT accounts for international transfers in all supported currencies.
In addition to that, as a Romanian customer, you also have access to:
- RON local account (IBAN).
Please note that you can use your RON local account for domestic inbound RON transfers only. Any international currencies or foreign transfers sent to the local RON account details will be rejected. For such transfers, your international SWIFT account details will have to be used.
If you’re a Romanian national, you can use your local RON IBAN account from other EU countries as well.
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- My deposit arrived in a different currency