General Partner Promotion Terms - Free Trial & Cash Award
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Partner Cashback and Free Trial Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers in Italy and Portugal the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- a Cashback Offer, up to the maximum amount described on the Promotion page (the “Cashback”); and
- receive the Premium plan subscription plan for free for a period of time as specified on the Promotion page (the “Free Trial”).
The amount of the Cashback and the length of the Free Trial vary from partner to partner. In all cases, the amount and length will be clearly stated on the partner’s Promotion Page.
Each Cashback and Free Trial is only available for a limited time. This time also varies from partner to partner and is also clearly stated on the partner’s Promotion Page (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion. You must comply with them, as well as any terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account, at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Italy or Portugal and not have previously held a Revolut account
- Sign up to Revolut through the partner’s Promotion page. (If you sign up other than through this page, you will not be eligible for the Cashback or Free Trial.)
- Successfully pass our onboarding process and have your account opened with no restrictions.
- Do all these things during the promotion period.
How do I get my Cashback?
To earn your Cashback, you must make a virtual or physical Revolut card payment of a minimum of €1 (or currency equivalent) during the Promotion Period.
You will earn Cashback on your first transaction at a rate of 100%, up to the limit stated in the Promotion page. For example, if the page states a Cashback of €10: if you spend €8 you will receive €8 Cashback; if you spend €10 you will receive €10 Cashback; and if you spend €12 you will also receive €10 Cashback. You will not earn Cashback on any second or subsequent transaction.
Your Cashback will be paid to your account within 3 business days of the transaction being completed.
Your Cashback can be used for any physical or virtual Revolut card payments on your Revolut account.
How do I get my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened (even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period). This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to Premium until after the end of the Promotion Period. Y; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan. If you order a card during your Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card and the delivery fee. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
You have the right to cancel your selected subscription within the Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a Premium card
If you cancel your new subscription within the cooling off period but have ordered a Premium card, you’ll have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. You may also have to pay a card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription within your cooling off period. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania;
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to reverse any Cashback you receive during the Promotion Period if the payment that earned the cash award is refunded to you, you earned the cash reward fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the cash reward, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any cash reward transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any cash reward or between the time of qualifying for the cash reward and receiving the cash reward that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to that cash reward.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of cash reward as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).